Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss RF532-150mW-SEP Review (Not Good)

First off....Yes, I am still alive.
Second....I am only writing this review because I am rather unhappy with this laser.
Third....I don't have that many pictures because...well I didn't take any besides the modual. I threw away the host.

www.rayfoss.com

Images are from Rayfoss
201021310151625462.jpg

201021310827527.jpg

Specs
Wavelengh 532nm
Power Output >150mW
Dot Shape Circle Dot
Beam Style CW with <1.2mrad divergence at aperture
Circuit ACC
Working Voltage DC=3V
Working Current I<550mA
Duty Circle 60 seconds
Working Temperature +20dgC-30dgC
Storage Temperature -10dgC-40dgC
Power Supply 2pcs #7AAA battery
Size 13.5mmx162mm

Now for the Review part.

For starters...shipping and dealing with the company was pretty good. Overall quality of the laser was decent. Output was as stated on there site.

I kept the run times below their rated 60 seconds. This laser burned through about 2 sets of batteries or about 9 months of gentle use. It is now dead. I'm not sure what caused it, but it's true.

So then I tore it apart. Turns out, the laser module is from a company called...Sean & Stephen Corporation. (Laserss)

SEAN & STEPHEN CORPORATION

fb8f62bc.jpg

7e2168be.jpg

Now I don't know anything about this company, but I thought that I would throw that in for all of you.

Would I buy it again....NO. Even the cheapest of green lasers that I own have lasted longer and have taken more abuse.

Last edited:

nice found. thanks. but what WAS the real power output? really 150mw and higher?