Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

rayfoss, good or bad, looking at 30 mw green module

i am interesting in buying the rayfoss 30 mw green laser module. i have heard everything from immediate replacement to ignoring about their tech support. i personally think that they have the capability to rapidly respond to questions about a product. whenever i hear of anybody telling that they are interested in buying something they respond quickly but if anybody has a problem with a product and needs refund or replacement, they are ignored. i would like to know if currently, they are holding up to their warranty's or if they are not.

Chineese made laser and chineese customer support.

Like anything bought for china its a gamble. Low cost laser but might also be good or shit quality with good or bad customer support.

Even if faona looks a nice person, another guy in this forum has is mails ignored ..

Actually he finally got a response, sounds to be like his emails were being caught by spam filter. Also there is the chance that there was nothing wrong with the laser, maybe a problem with just the battery charger. I'm following the thread to see how the situation resolves.

I haven't gotten anything from rayfoss so far, but i have from other companies and if rayfoss has something that I find interesting I will get it. Overall by reputation they are better than a lot of companies. The only downside is of course the long shipping.

I'm 2 for 2 with good experiences from faona at rayfoss. Decent shipping speed and good quality. I received my 200mw focusable green laser from rayfoss in January of 2010, and it's still working as good as new. The 100mw module I got from her broke, but it was because I was soldering an LED driver and grabbed the metal on my iron and flung my hand away, knocking my module off the table into the wall. So that was my fault haha.

Last edited:
Ouch!

Yeah. I like Faona's stuff. I got myself a 200mW focusable green as well in November and it still works amazingly! Even better yet, she sent me a free pair of OD4 glasses.

Ouch!

Yeah. I like Faona's stuff. I got myself a 200mW focusable green as well in November and it still works amazingly! Even better yet, she sent me a free pair of OD4 glasses.

Yeah, she sent me a 5mw red keychain pointer with the module I bought, would definitely have rather received the glasses! Free is free though :D

this sounds great, im much more confident. in more detail, for those who want to know, this is my planned build. module: 30mw rayfoss greenie. will have laserlands lab style heatsink. powered by one or two 18605 batteries in parralel. you can get battery holders from digikey. i will also have a 7.5 volt wall power supply limited to 3.3 volts with a linear regulator. to heatsink the regulator i will use a chipset heatsink from a laptop (small copper plate). i will have a switch to go between the two sources and i will have a key switch if i can find one. according to faona they can send me a small ir filter lens for $2.50 no idea how i will mount it, that with glasses for anything other than pointing and i should be perfectly safe. they sell a module that is near identical so i will try adjusting the potentiometer to about 50mwthe total build costs: 15 shipped for the laser, 6 shipped for glasses (focalprice) , 8.50 shipped for the heatsink (laserlands) , and 2.50 to throw a ir filter in with the module

The 50mw module they have looks identical because they are sorted by final output power. Just because they look alike does not mean they can all achieve the same end result.

Don't even think about potmodding them.

Last edited:
And not trying to talk down, but please try using capitalization and returns. It's hard to focus on what you're trying to say when everything blends together.

Good luck on making your build btw.

I'm going to finish giving scenario in a post I posted a while back about receiving the wrong laser from Rayfoss. I can honestly say that my experiences with Rayfoss are top notch! They respond to all my questions very promptly and have great customer support! They even paid my return shipping on items I sent back. I will continue to order from them! Order from them with confindence!

And not trying to talk down, but please try using capitalization and returns. It's hard to focus on what you're trying to say when everything blends together.

Good luck on making your build btw.

Yeah, sorry about that, I'm usually the grammar nazi
Also i will only adjust the current a bit. it will have plenty of heatsinking. it should be fine
i will keep an eye on the draw and never let it go over about 400 mA

Last edited: