Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RayFoss 200mW 532nm RF532-200mW-FLX

RayFoss 200mW 532nm RF532-200mW-FLX

Rayfoss

Just got this baby today. About 12 days shipped from Hong Kong to California U.S.A. As usual RayFoss was very easy to work with. They responded to all my questions either same day or within 24 hrs.

This laser was sent to me in good faith. As I had to return a defective unit to them. They sent me this one, even before receiving the defective unit back from me.

This Laser is awesome. It is so bright I can even see the beam in a well lit room.
It Very heavy feels well made and solid. It has a huge heavy heat sink on the front. A focus ring and a safety shutter. The focus ring is nice and tight, not sloppy.
It has a momentary on switch, in the center of the pointer.
The tail cap has a key lock, which is nice. The picture on rayfoss.com shows a safety plug instead. I'm glad this one has a lock. I can leave it unlocked and not worry about keys. Unlike the plug that you would always have to have plugged in.

This thing can focus the beam to a small pinpoint. Great for burning.
Lights both grey and red matches with ease. Can burn dark plastics and leather.
Just like my focusable red dilda The spot is not very attractive for pointing.
Shining the laser down the street on a garage. The dot is fairly big.
400 yards the dot is about 3 inches in diameter
I guess this is just how lasers are that put the emphases on burning.

Overall very happy with this 200mw 532nm burner. Great Buy.:)

Attachments

• IMG_2662.jpg
    IMG_2662.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_2664.jpg
    IMG_2664.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_2671.jpg
    IMG_2671.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_2672.jpg
    IMG_2672.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_2673.jpg
    IMG_2673.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 544
Last edited:

Benm

Great to see a review on this laser, since i've been considering getting one myself.

Do you have any means to measure output power? Or something of known power to compare it to?

Also, what i wonder about most: does it warm up and get dimmer if you leave it on for a couple of minutes?

The dot is fairly big.
400 yards the dot is about 3 inches in diameter

Thats actually pretty good... you do mean yards, not feet, right? It would equate to something in the order of 1.7 mrad divergence, with i would say is very acceptable for a laser this powerful at this price.

If the laser can focus to a pinpoint and the lowest divergence you can get is 1.7mRad, I would guess the laser has to have a very tight beam...good for up close burning.

rpaloalto;

Nice review.

Looking at the photos, the head assembly looks identical to another laser that uses the Aixiz lens assembly.

Does the 200mw Green use the Aixiz style lens assembly in the focus ring ?

I am asking because several people are trying to increase power by changing to better optics on similar green lasers.

Thanks;

LarryDFW

Great to see a review on this laser, since i've been considering getting one myself.

Do you have any means to measure output power? Or something of known power to compare it to?

Also, what i wonder about most: does it warm up and get dimmer if you leave it on for a couple of minutes?

Thats actually pretty good... you do mean yards, not feet, right? It would equate to something in the order of 1.7 mrad divergence, with i would say is very acceptable for a laser this powerful at this price.

Yea you know what, 400 yards. is way to much.
The distance is closer to 600 to 700 ft. At least 2 football fields. I sat the laser on the roof of my car, and had my son ride his bike. To the end of the street, 5 blocks. He didn't measure the dot just made a visual observation.

The only other 532nm laser I have to compare is my 30mW non focusable.
which I guess has pretty good divergence. The dot seems the same size wether it is 2 ft. or a few hundred.

I also just sent back a 200mW laser to rayfoss.
their was something wrong with that one for sure. It would not light matches at all.
I also have a O-Like 200mW new style dilda. This can burn better and faster.
It excels at this, because of the ability to focus the point. To a pin prick of light.

Benm

Ah well, at least you are impressed by its peformance i guess..

I feel like ordering one ;)

The fact it is better than the dilda really is impressive. I mean my friend bought a CNI for 400 and it isn't even as strong as his 47 dollar dilda.

I would love to see this with one of larrys lenses considering it should have more power and an even tighter beam. One thing you haven't addressed is duty cycle. To prevent damage how long do you think you should keep it on and then let it cool off

themandalorian;

It definitely has more mass than the Dilda. That should help the heat dissipation.

The lens assembly should be interchangable with the Aixiz according to another review.
Larry- Yes the lens nut inside the laser looks to be the same as any other aixiz lens nut, it is threaded into the top cap of the laser.

LarryDFW

Last edited:

Benm

It definitely has more mass than the Dilda. That should help the heat dissipation.

It does help, but this is a green, the dilda is a red. For starters it has to handle over twice the heat (i assume it has a 500 mW pump, might even be more), but the bad thing is the crystals performance that goes down as the laser heats up.

A red will run fine with a case temperature of 40, even 50, degrees centigrade. The wavelength goes up a bit so it becomes less visible, and the power goes down slightly too, but that's it.

With greens its a different story: heating the thing up over 40 degrees will likely reduce its green output to near zero.

So, the question remains: how long does it maintain output power for?

nice review :9 i am interested in this laser !.. but i don't understand one thing. why ...you can't have a better divergence? if the laser is FOCUSABLE.. teorically it culd reach 0 mrad. ok.. teorically. but.. possible. for example my dilda has about 5 mrad or a bit less !! because it is focusable... and if i focus very well the beam...it tend to be very well collimated.

so.. i thik that you have not so well focused the beam... right? every focusable laser.. i think could reach LESS THAN 1 mrad....for sure!!!
;)

Benm

Doesnt work quite like that - its not easy explain in a few lines, but there is no way to focus any laser to zero divergence, unless it would have infinite beam diameter. The value found here is fairly typical.

ok benm.. byt TEORICALLY then you are focusing the lense of your dilda......THRE IS one little moment in ehich your laser work in perfect 0mrad about. THE PROBLEM is how to fix precisely the moment :)

just to be real........0.5 mrad is POSSIBLE. skylaser...told me that they could make a laser PEN with slightly bigger initial beam diameter.. BUT 0.5 mrad! and ... i tested 0.5 mrad in my dilda...or 0.4 sometimes. and i must remember you that the threads of the dilda ARE SHITTY. try to imagine how precise could be the focus on a better quality threaded lense... surely you could get 0.3 mrad.

so.. if the dilda..and if skylaser could make a 0.5 mrad laser.... this RAYFOSS LASER:. that seems to have a quality focus ring... i think that SHOULD do AT LEAST the same divergence of the OLD dilda.

this is a fact.... now i don't know why the owner of the laser cannot have a better divergence... it seems a strange thing. rpaloalto.... try to point the laser at about 50/80 meter. try to make the SMALLER dot. when you have this small dot.. you shoud at least have 1mrad ..or LOWER .. ;)....

hi guys i got similar of this laser, from rayfoss to.. i just want to add.. my has a 1.5mRad when focused to its smallest....

this has a good focusing ring...

Benm

These greens will end up with divergences in that range in any case. The dilda, and aixiz-based reds and blurays, can have better divergence because their output beam is much wider than that of most greens.

Beam diameter for the aixiz optics is around 4 to 5 mm at output, for the greens its often more in the order of 1 to 2 mm, with ledshoppe pointers being the exception.