Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss 1W 445nm (RF445-1W-FTB)

Zimz

Wavelength 445nm
Power Output LD power rating 1W. Beam aperture power rating >700mw
Dot Shape Circle Dot(its really a line) (dot size is adjustable by turning the head)
Divergence <1.5mrad at beam aperture
Beam Style CW
Circuit ACC
Working Voltage DC=7.2V
Working Current I<1200mA
Duty Circle 60 seconds on and 5 seconds off
Working Temperature +20dgC-30dgC
Storage Temperature -10dgC-40dgC
Power Supply 2pcs 3.7V 16340 Li-battery
Size 25mmx187mmx24mm
Package Retail Box+battery+charger

www.rayfoss.com

The video was too large of a file to put on here and I didnt have the time. So Here is the link on Youtube
YouTube - 1W 445nm laser review.

There are more videos and pictures below. Just go to my channel on youtube, all of my video's are from this laser.

:thanks:

Last edited:

DrSid

Nice video review !

What glasses are those ? They don't seem to filter 445nm very well.

Zimz

Nice video review !

What glasses are those ? They don't seem to filter 445nm very well.

They are a junk pair of glasses that came with this other laser I bought. Rayfoss said they would give me a pair of glasses cause I signed up for their VIP pass but they forgot to send it with my order. =( No big deal cause I want to get some good glasses anyway.

I just wore some brazing glasses while making the video and put the laser glasses on over top of them in an attempt to protect myself.

The video was made with a digital camera and it kept focusing on the glasses and not the target. I think that made the "dot" look a lot worse.

Last edited:

DrSid

Focus should not matter .. but in one moment it was blue through the glasses with 18650 battery. At that power no blue photon should get through.

Zimz

I see what your talking about. I'll keep my brazing glasses on under those glasses until I get some proper 445nm glasses. Thanks

jbtm

Looks good! May consider one over time just to have one, I like having lasers of different hosts. But it seems comparing to my arctic, the divergence is better on my arctic. Since 20ft, the beam was about 8mm wide.

Other wise it looks cool, nice neat case they give you. I think it would be cool if they had a way to focus it horizontally and vertically!

Nice review =)

Zimz

Looks good! May consider one over time just to have one, I like having lasers of different hosts. But it seems comparing to my arctic, the divergence is better on my arctic. Since 20ft, the beam was about 8mm wide.

Other wise it looks cool, nice neat case they give you. I think it would be cool if they had a way to focus it horizontally and vertically!

Nice review =)

I have an Arctic on order but at the rate they are shipping them I wont get it until next year.
Thinking back to when I made the video I should have tried to focus the beam on the wall to see how small I could get it.
It is a cool little laser and Im happy I bought it :)

I was planning on getting this, but I chose to get a 300mW green laser instead since I would rather built a DIY blue before I buy a 1W blue

Zimz

I was planning on getting this, but I chose to get a 300mW green laser instead since I would rather built a DIY blue before I buy a 1W blue

Well im sure rayfoss will be having this laser around for some time for when you want to pick one up. It looks like o-like has the same power laser with the same host but for a little less. I figure if you factor in shipping they are about the same price.

What 300mw did you get?

Building a DIY looks like a lot of fun. good luck.

jbtm

Well im sure rayfoss will be having this laser around for some time for when you want to pick one up. It looks like o-like has the same power laser with the same host but for a little less. I figure if you factor in shipping they are about the same price.

What 300mw did you get?

Building a DIY looks like a lot of fun. good luck.

Rayfoss does sell a new 300mw green...
www.rayfoss.com

And yeah, Rayfoss keeps their lasers for looooong time. As long as they can keep a supply of diodes, they will always sell it!

Got a question/mission for you. Whats the farthest you can pop a black balloon with it? I have yet to test this with an arctic...Just wondered =D

Zimz

I was just goofing around earlier today. I wanted to get some beam shots outside but it starting raining here like crazy.

I pop a balloon in this video but its up close. I will have to see how far away I can pop one later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZvTU5tm_qs

Do you have a meter? I was curious about this host with the green 300mW with the 18650 battery vs the 2 x CR123 batteries. Do you have both battery types?

I made a short video of 2 balloons being popped but I cant put the video up for some reason. Maybe tomorrow. Anyway I was able to pop them from about 14ft away. I think I could have moved back farther. My balloons are kinda hard to pop. They are dark blue, not black, and they are thick walled. In one attempt to pop them one balloon got a hole in it from the laser and just deflated.

Last edited:

jbtm

Nope. Maybe someday but right now I don't have the money to blow off $300 just to read laser power. I own the 200mw green, and will be upgrading to 600mw green by Christmas hopefully. I'm getting a lathe also, so I can lathe my own host for it, since it's only the module =D

Let us know when you got the time to see how far you can pop a balloon! I don't care if it takes 10 seconds, I just always wanted to know!! Was foggy here, had school, so couldn't do any daylight fog beam shots

Zimz

Nope. Maybe someday but right now I don't have the money to blow off $300 just to read laser power. I own the 200mw green, and will be upgrading to 600mw green by Christmas hopefully. I'm getting a lathe also, so I can lathe my own host for it, since it's only the module =D

Let us know when you got the time to see how far you can pop a balloon! I don't care if it takes 10 seconds, I just always wanted to know!! Was foggy here, had school, so couldn't do any daylight fog beam shots

I know what you are talking about with the meter. If I had $300 sitting around I would probably buy another laser before I got a meter. Someone needs to open a meter rental where they send you a meter for a week lol

That 600mw will be sweet. Where do you think you will get it from?

Here is the video from the balloon popping. I did it from 26ft away. Once you see how fast they pop I think you will agree I can move even farther back. I need a tripod. link below.

YouTube - Balloon pop 26 ft.AVI

Zimz

I had a video of popping balloons at 14 ft but its pointless to put up now lol.

Zimz

I finally found how to embed a video!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same vid as above but now you dont need to leave the page :D