Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

(Rant) bots and spam...

S

SenKat

Just curious - has anyone EVER clicked on one of those friggin bot-spammers we see in here once in a while ? I cannot honestly believe that the so called companies that send crap like that out EXPECTS anyone to actually do anything with their post other than delete it, and get pissed off ! Sorry for the rant - but when I "lurk" around, waiting for posts (yeah, sad, sad life...) and all I see is spambots...that agravates the shit out of me ! (/Rant)

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
it is amazingly annoying...

in the new version of yabb, version 2.2, there is going to be more features to prevent spammers i think. i think they are going to have one of those things where there is an image, and you need to type what the image says when you register.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
with most of these spammings, the goal is not to get people to go to the sites, but to increase the sites ranking in search engines. search engines give you better rankings when other sites link back to your sites.. for example, if comcast.com linked back to a small site, the small site would have a killer boost in some search engines.

the topic is called link popularity

check this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_popularity

K

kingzilla

I never click on those links unless I am on my school computers. I don't want to murder my home comp. Once I killed a whole lab of comps at school by clicking on a link that downloaded viruses. ;D ;D ;D ::)