Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quick question on my dual blu-ray project

Both of my diodes are in the modules, rckstr drivers preset at 114mA, heatsinks are machined and ready for final assembly into my Shinp DL22 4-scanner system, But I have one last question RE powering the diodes.

I have been running the 2 diodes off of a 9vdc/300mA "wall wart", but I also have a 6vdc/300mA type which would fit in the case with basically NO modifications (to use the 9v I would have to install an input jack and run the power supply externally, it's just too big for the case) - would this be OK? the actual output of the power supply is 6.4vdc tested with a DMM - I'm OK as long as I put at least 5v into the drivers, right?

Probably sounds like a dumb question, but I've come too far here to screw something up now. Thanks in advance for the help!

for a br the rckstr needs 7+v. make sure the amperage of the plug is enough to run all your drivers. if your only using the 2 at 114ma then you need about a 7-9v 300ma plug

Thanks, Drew - I also have a 7.5vdc wart at 300mA (actual output is 8.14vdc) so I'll use that one (It's another small one so it should fit with a little "help")...

Rep points comin atcha!

Works Great - a little tweaking and alignment, WOO HOO should be ready for tonights show!

Thanks again, Drew