Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

quick help with dummy load

Is this for a SenKat red? if so the resistance is too low, clipping the top wire of one of the resistors will give you 320ma max to the ld. The circuit is working fine but realisticaly you need another volt input (7.2v).

Regards rog8811

stonetek 16x red, so I need to get rid of one of the 2 3.9 ohm resistors? and add more volts? can I add 2 more AA for a total of 9 volts or is this to much?

9 volts will be fine, just clip the lead on one of the 3.9ohm resistors, that will limit the current.

You say you connected the LD to the circuit and got a dim red dot....sorry to say you have probably killed it, you may have zapped it with more than 1/2 an amp......

Regards rog8811

I took it from the first post that the resistor in the dummy load was 10ohms, I have just looked at the photo again...It is a 1ohm resistor so I need to rethink your readings a bit.......

top pot range is 245.4 and the low is reading 11.6 did this by mv across the resistor.

Redo those figures with the higher voltage and check the ref voltage...

Regards rog8811