Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quick Curiousity Question

Hmm, so going a little off topic, any of you guys ever get your eyes checked for laser damage specifically?

Congrats!

Stupidest thing I ever did with lasers was glance into a green laser that wend IR on me after falling. Hopefully no damage... at least nothing I've noticed in the 1-2 months since, and I didn't notice anything immediately after.

Was also hit in the eye from 4-5 feet by a drunk idiot friend who was playing around with a 30-50mW greenie... Saw a spot for a few minutes, but that was it.

Laser safety just isn't something that's really known by people in general public.

Trevor

HAHA!
Note to self.... do not... look... into... TEH LAZORZ!!!

The main thing I was concerned about was actually some sort of exposure while shooting sunsets on my DSLR. :)

-Trevor

jakeGT

Might wanna get that checked out.

I saw the eye doctor about a month ago, eyes are the same as they always been, crap since video games came to me.

But no holes on me eyes.

Yeah, I think the amount of time I've spent reading in poor lighting and the amount of time I spent in front of the computer probably did A LOT more damage to date than lasers.

I was wearing glasses at the time, that do reduce light coming through by 10% and reflect a little as well, so hopefully that helped. Hit was also at an angle.

Wouldn't surprise me to learn that I have a some damage though.... did every single at home test you can imagine, aside from the natural blind spot I wasn't able to detect any others.

Hopefully next time a laser beam goes near my eye it's for lasik :)