Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quick BDR-209 test

Pman

Finally got around to ordering (2) G7 lenses, a module heat-sink and a couple tripods from sanwu. The site is not setup phone friendly. Once I got on my computer I could see things much more clear but there are some things you click on that still go right to all chinese.
Also ordered a Mitsubishi 500 and driver plus a blu diode that I intend to push over 1W (both). Hopefully they will look like they can handle it with some testing.

Yea the stuff off to the right of his page go to a Chinese sight.
I do like the wide G7's in the 5mm long housings, I use them without any spring and a thicker o-ring, it seems to keep a good useable burning diameter over a wider range than the shorter FL lenses and the 3 element.

Pman

For information sake my Mitsubishi 500 I built hits 1.3W;)
I'll have to see about some $ to get another 405nm to go for the 1W+ on that too. Cancelled the 405nm diode to save a few bucks at the last moment.

Last edited:
@Pman
Have you tested any of the single mode 635's - 638's ?
I really like the beam quality of single mode laser diodes.
I hope we see more of them and more powerful direct single mode diodes.

Last edited:

Pman

You know, I haven't indulged in too many of the lower output single mode diodes and I really should get a few of them if I can come up with the money. Specs are fantastic on a lot of them and better divergence means a more visible beam too. Have a lot of 660nm diodes that cost very little from a US seller and if you are careful you can push them to hit 400mW with a G lens although to keep the cost low I just use standard plastic Aixiz lens which still puts out some serious power. LPC-826 found here:
650nm 400mW Burning Red Laser Diode LPC 826 Twin US Seller Fast SHIP | eBay
If you don't have any they are great little diodes. Have 3 left and I'm going to pair them with some really cheap tiny 3 mode drivers I found (lo/hi/strobe) that can run them with just a single AAA if I want. Just haven't decided what to put them in yet but I do have a few nice pen hosts and lots of smaller than normal Altoid type tins and little switches.
Have a couple of 685nm diodes at 35mW to throw in some thing small too plus ordered a 405nm sled that rich (lifetime) directed me too from China. Still need a ramp driver for it though as I am definately setting it for 1W+ this time. Still don't have much interest in that push to 7W diode (always forget their code names) especially since my 470nm hit 6W anyways and is brighter.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
@Pman
Have you tested any of the single mode 635's - 638's ?
I really like the beam quality of single mode laser diodes.
I hope we see more of them and more powerful direct single mode diodes.

Hey Red, I've got two builds using the Opnext/Oclaro 120mW 638nm single mode diodes, with a third on the way from DTR for a new pen size build.
Even with all these new high power diodes arriving lately, this is still one of my all time favorite diodes; great wavelength, good divergance, and low priced to boot!
I haven't done any divergance measurements personally, but there are some threads out there with good info. in them.
My two builds (Coleman, and J/L Ti-B), that are using these beauties are the one's with links in my sig.

Last edited: