Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Questions about an LPM in my area.. Help?

Hey guys Im not sure where to post this but Ive been in the market for an LPM for some time now. Most likely Im going to buy a Laserbee for various reason's but I found an LPM in my area that is claimed to work and includes the photo sensor. I can get it pretty cheap at 75$ obo and I may go look at it later today. I found one on ebay to show you guys what Im talking about. Does anyone know anything about LPM's like this? because I sure dont.. I was looking for some advice..

I guess my main question is can I use this to meter my laser collection, and do you feel its worth it for 75$ or less?

Thanks in advance for any help as I much appreciate it..

-Greg

EDIT: I want you all to know I am not lazy lol, I did some searching using google and couldn't find much..

Link: Newport Laser Power Meter Model 820 *Warranty | eBay

Last edited:

If you don't end up getting it for whatever reasons I would be happy to meter your lasers on my LPM for free. I'm not exactly in your area but I'm not too far when it comes to shipping, ect.

I have a 3W laserbee II & I find it is very accurate when metering my lasers against what their driver settings are. PM if you're interested, I'd include pics & video of the results also :beer:

Hey guys Im not sure where to post this but Ive been in the market for an LPM for some time now. Most likely Im going to buy a Laserbee for various reason's but I found an LPM in my area that is claimed to work and includes the photo sensor. I can get it pretty cheap at 75$ obo and I may go look at it later today. I found one on ebay to show you guys what Im talking about. Does anyone know anything about LPM's like this? because I sure dont.. I was looking for some advice..

I guess my main question is can I use this to meter my laser collection, and do you feel its worth it for 75$ or less?

Thanks in advance for any help as I much appreciate it..

-Greg

EDIT: I want you all to know I am not lazy lol, I did some searching using google and couldn't find much..

Link: Newport Laser Power Meter Model 820 *Warranty | eBay

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but...:undecided:

With all the different wavelengths of Lasers in your Sig..
I would not recommend a Laser Power Meter with an Optical
Head... unless all the wavelength optical correction factors
can be easily switched between or you have the Optical
head's correction factor chart...

BTW... the LPM on eBay does not come with a head....:cryyy:

Jerry

I just had a closer look at it...
It does use an Optical Sensor head and it is included...
It seems the seller doesn't know if it is still calibrated
or not...

The bad news is that.. as is... it can only test wavelegths
of 632.8nm...514.5nm and 488.0nm (see the scale)

Jerry