Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question for Aussies...

Wow VillageIdiot! If your in Sydney it should be around 3AM at your place already! You'd better not beat my personal record of sleeping at 4AM :-X

Ok thanks for the help guys! I'm just hoping the 14500's with the AA battery holder fit in the box. I know how it feels to get a red burner without batteries and not work when you do get the batteries :'(

Im making an MXDL blu ray with jayrobs heatsink. (Once paypal stop %^&*ing me over, that is.)

Just a question:
Can I use a rckstr 100mA driver with the batteries of either of these two hosts:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4171
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3405

I am planning on using one of those, a jayrob heatsink, an 803T in an Aixiz module and I'd prefer a pre defined rckstr driver so I dont have to set the driver or anything.

If all goes well I will sell to Australians :cool:

scareg

Freshert How long till I could order one from you Im considering moving to AUS and I do I was gonna make my own but it's just a worry for me about breaking the diode and such and for roughly 100 AU is a Great price and sounds like you'll have these off the shelves as fast as you can make them!
also are you using a driver that can be changed maybe I could mod what you make to use cr2's I have a few recharables for my dx 200Mw also I heard theres a laser ban in AUS could one dismantle a laser into the host, driver, and diode and bring it with them in say a suitcase techinically it's not importing as well as it's not a laser just electrical components.

scareg said:
Freshert How long till I could order one from you Im considering moving to AUS and I do I was gonna make my own but it's just a worry for me about breaking the diode and such and for roughly 100 AU is a Great price and sounds like you'll have these off the shelves as fast as you can make them!
also are you using a driver that can be changed maybe I could mod what you make to use cr2's I have a few recharables for my dx 200Mw also I heard theres a laser ban in AUS could one dismantle a laser into the host, driver, and diode and bring it with them in say a suitcase techinically it's not importing as well as it's not a laser just electrical components.

Full.
Stops.
Please.

You should be alright if you dismantle it, afew times Ive been shooed past customs. Thats right, no customs at all.

scareg

el-taco said:
[quote author=scareg link=1216465726/20#35 date=1216762796]Freshert How long till I could order one from you Im considering moving to AUS and I do I was gonna make my own but it's just a worry for me about breaking the diode and such and for roughly 100 AU is a Great price and sounds like you'll have these off the shelves as fast as you can make them!

Full.
Stops.
Please.

You should be alright if you dismantle it, afew times Ive been shooed past customs. Thats right, no customs at all.[/quote]

full stops please?
im sorry but what does this mean?

thanks for the customs info!

scareg said:
[quote author=el-taco link=1216465726/20#36 date=1216763572][quote author=scareg link=1216465726/20#35 date=1216762796]Freshert How long till I could order one from you Im considering moving to AUS and I do I was gonna make my own but it's just a worry for me about breaking the diode and such and for roughly 100 AU is a Great price and sounds like you'll have these off the shelves as fast as you can make them!

Full.
Stops.
Please.

You should be alright if you dismantle it, afew times Ive been shooed past customs. Thats right, no customs at all.[/quote]

full stops please?
im sorry but what does this mean?

thanks for the customs info![/quote]

The periods (.) that go at the end of a sentence (one complete idea or thought).

scareg said:
That 100AUD is only an estimate. I think I'll sell it around for 120AUD now. You can PM me asking me if I can make you a laser any time you want.

scareg

el-taco said:
[quote author=scareg link=1216465726/20#37 date=1216766809][quote author=el-taco link=1216465726/20#36 date=1216763572][quote author=scareg link=1216465726/20#35 date=1216762796]Freshert How long till I could order one from you Im considering moving to AUS and I do I was gonna make my own but it's just a worry for me about breaking the diode and such and for roughly 100 AU is a Great price and sounds like you'll have these off the shelves as fast as you can make them!

Full.
Stops.
Please.

full stops please?
I'm sorry but what does this mean?

thanks for the customs info![/quote]

The periods (.) that go at the end of a sentence (one complete idea or thought).[/quote]

Haha yeah I do that sometimes. Sorry about that.

@ Freshert
Still a great price for a Bluray laser. I'm going to try my hand at making one and if I fail I'll order one from you!

Simo

*Has enough money in paypal for one* :cool:

HHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So much interest here. Making me wonder whether I should just keep the Sonar cases and heatsinks I'm getting and build lasers out of them myself to sell :)

But it would be over 4 months before I could start selling... :( ... Why are these always the hardest decisions to make in life?

daguin

Murudai said:
So much interest here. Making me wonder whether I should just keep the Sonar cases and heatsinks I'm getting and build lasers out of them myself to sell :)
But it would be over 4 months before I could start selling... :( ... Why are these always the hardest decisions to make in life?

If you don't need the cash and are not selling these hosts to be nice to the community, I would think that you would be, financially, better off waiting and using them yourself. That sentiment probably won't endear me to the forum members that want one, but I already have all the friends I have time for anyway. ;)

With the way it looks like the law there is shaping up, you may be the only (or one of the few) high quality sources in the country. Based on reading you for several months, I believe that you will, indeed, make your lasers high quality.

Economics 101 -- supply vs. demand

Once you get the initial "kinks" worked out of the build for this host, you will be able to build them quickly and efficiently. Making heat sinks for a round host is NOT a difficult project.

Peace,
dave

I do kinda need the money, that was the idea of the Sonars in the first place, to convert WL store credits in to money :) But it'll be a month before anything is ready to sell.

And it's around a month that I'll be finishing off some big Flash projects I've been doing for some clients, that should earn me more than enough money to keep me financially sound.

Hmm, so we'll see. A lot can happen in a month :)

If any Australians are planning on selling Bluray lasers for under.. $170.. I'd definitely buy one.

I hope I'm not being unrealistic about the max of $170 though, I have no idea what the process is to build one :)

caleb

im intersted, but you should sell reds aswell...
i realy plan on making one but i dont have the time to stuff around.