Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about 405nm 150mW module.

Just so you know, you can get those same diodes installed in modules for 1/3 of the price in the Group Buy section. Also you can just remove the PCB, the seller didn't remove it probably because he was too lazy. ;D That PCB really doesn't do anything to protect the diode from heat, I would just remove it so it is easy to solder to.

daguin

styropyro said:
Just so you know, you can get those same diodes installed in modules for 1/3 of the price in the Group Buy section. Also you can just remove the PCB, the seller didn't remove it probably because he was too lazy. ;D That PCB really doesn't do anything to protect the diode from heat, I would just remove it so it is easy to solder to.

I think that the point of not removing the PCB is that the seller doesn't subject the diode to heat (or he/she is incapable of removing them effectively). They are even harder to remove with them cut down the way the seller has done it. There is significantly less to grab hold of.

However, they are indeed MUCH less costly in GB's here.

Peace,
dave