Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quantum solar cells could explain why plants are green

AngelG

I'm not sure whether talking about "middle eastern" you have in mind this area: Middle East
The Poland for sure is not there neither we are.:beer:
But we're close to Turkey, which is in.
I guess that the solar energy harvesting in these countries is more beneficial in terms of power per square meter.
As for the main topic - green color and the Sun (solar cells), then I blindly guess that the central wavelength of green was the least absorbed by the atmosphere layers wavelength so :thinking:mmm the plants either evolved to use it or created a kind of shield against it. Being green means that you reflect this wavelength, right ?

As for the motivation to work, it largely depends on various factors and personal feelings also. For example, if the work is boring (like writing of business letters when your job is IT) or nobody's happy or encourage you to make it better or if they didn't give you enough time to make it right or if they interrupt you every few hours to give you new work or new directions or to ask you when it will get done....

In IT there can't be a single best of all programmer; In the past I got amazed reading the code of Russian programmers. I don't know much for the Polish workers except that many of them went to UK, so the press in the UK had scared their society that if Bulgarian and Romanian workers were granted free movement, they would flood the labor market in the UK, leaving the Brits w/o jobs ..

Last edited:

Benm

The green color is due to reflection of green light indeed, plants absorb yellow-to-red and blue light mostly, so what remains is green.

As far as terminology for regions goes it's a bit confusing sometimes: 'middle east' usually refers to what you linked, the arab peninsula, egypt, and such. There is another term 'middle and eastern europe' that refers to basically anything east of germany but within europe (like poland, bulgaria, romania, former yugoslavia etc).

The job scare isn't that large. We do have a fair number of migrant workers from middle-and-eastern-europe. Many work on low wage jobs like in construction, distribution and such.

There are a lot of very good programmers, graphical designers and such from these countries as well, though many of them choose not to actually migrate. Work if this nature can often be done mostly remotely, with platforms like Upwork connecting demand and supply. This saves the worker the cost of moving, renting living space and all that, and the employer all the paperwork of hiring someone here.