Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Purpose of lasers

This gets into some pretty existential matters if you take it far enough.

Honestly, what is the point of anything? Why eat if you're just going to die anyway? You can use this logic to justify anything, but it quickly begins to sound like an excuse.

In my opinion, when it comes right down to it, everything we do is based purely on our emotions. Our ideas of practicality and reasons for doing anything are to satisfy emotional needs as best we can. I don't think sentience can exist without emotional needs, because emotional needs seem to derive our reasons for living.

I have regular lasers and just a couple uses (there are more) is as an astronomer it can be used to point out stars, planets, ect.

Also I have used them to try to get possible deer to move out of the way before I get there when driving down roads at night near wooded areas.

(always use caution for both purposes so you don't point them at anyone that comes in the field of view)

ru124t

If only I could get a laser with enough power to be a nose hair burner that would not blind me or give me top mounted nostrils! That would just be too cool! Also instead of Brazilian waxing for women, I could use the same laser to perform the same job and , being the good Samaritan I am , do it for free for most of them! LOL

If only I could get a laser with enough power to be a nose hair burner that would not blind me or give me top mounted nostrils! That would just be too cool! Also instead of Brazilian waxing for women, I could use the same laser to perform the same job and , being the good Samaritan I am , do it for free for most of them! LOL

Amazon.com: SDPL Deluxe Professional Laser Hair Removal Machine: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: 808nm DIODE LASER PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL MACHINE PAINLESS !!!!: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: 808nm Top Class Tabletop Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation Machine, Portable Device with 10 Million Pulses and Germany Bar & Fan, Us Filter & Italian Pump: Health & Personal Care