Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pure copper host

SpikeD

I wasn't sure which section to post this in, but I just wanted to share this with you:
AAAcopper
This flashlight is made of pure copper and takes an AAA battery. The current price is $38.50 which may be too expensive for some, but it is a great opportunity to get a small host with brilliant heatsinking.

Here is a video from one of my favourite youtubers showing the flashlight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yrfzv2-Ayg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Trevor

Heatsinking. You're doing it right.

Nice find... :D

-Trevor

becareful what you order and what you get... the first pic is of a brass housing. and the bottom pic is of the copper housing.

spike, great find!!!!

michael

jeffd

I had the stainless version of this flashlight. Its very nice but also super tiny, it would be very difficult to get a diode and lens in there. Dont even think about a driver haha.

it's to bad the pill isn't copper, but that won't matter if you put an Aixiz module in there as it's not copper also they are made from brass, that is unless I make them :yh:

i went and watched the video... i do a lot of non ferrous metal scrapping in the industry i am in... and even the flash light in the video doesnt seem to be copper. i have never seen copper that color. polished, non polished, plated... that looks like yellow brass.

michael

I have access to a PMI gun here at work which will tell me the exact composition of the host. If anyone would like to send one my way I would be happy to tell you exactly what it is made of.