Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pulsed Mode Driver circuit for SONY DVD 16x Laser

yes8s

Re: Pulsed Mode Driver circuit for SONY DVD 16x La

DDL and Pyro you're both right but i have never had one problem with obtaining any samples that are available for sample.

I've always said I was either a student, hobbyist and now I supply them with my work project details. Nevertheless, if you try to order too many sample orders in a small period of time you will not get them so you could *cough* sign up with an alias account.

Ultimately they're billion dollar companies so bending ::) the truth doesn't really hurt.

Well, so I got the parts needed for my test driver, but this is all so *aw crap*-ish, as I can neither find any information about my parts, nor do I have appropriate testing and measurement devices to try it...

Anyways, gonny try it...there was a certain point where, when lowering the resistance, brigtness dropped. Gonna try that with a (maybe it works) 12MHz modulation, if it will not get dimmer :)

Well, it is a DVD-Rom-Diode that has already lost a leg so no worries about "overpowering".

btw: I have a quartz oscillator, called "X0-105BIC", but am unable to find a datasheet or something. XO will report neither. Anyone able to help?

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/46fa82740b02261c273fc0a87f9c06d9/Product/View/Z9180
well guys theres a PIC 16 at a place in AUS mind you they are one of the more expensive people too
http://jaycar.com.au/productView.as...d2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=  ... and theres a PIC8
Oh and i almost forgot theres a good electrical store i like called oatley electronics in Australia NSW as well ! YES AUSSIE DOLLARS PPLZ : )
http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com...s=PIC&osCsid=c9e945c107b1d1990382838e83e3c443

Well, so I have a circuit now giving me 12MHz pulsed..easy as cheese, with a 12MHz oscillator and a transistor.
The oscillator lights one green led (surprised me), so that might be enough for a bluray. Will anyways still check on current.

I did find a way to test its frequency - using a radio receiver for worldwide reception (and it works!)

tomcat

or BUILD a 50/50 astable multivibrator = 2 transistors with a resistor and cap each the output feeding the gate of the other transistor through resistor and the other way around too one half of the output goes to grnd or v0 and the active side goes to another resistors gate and the diode is fed by that ( after all the driving and after cap) will draw a curcit diagram soon :)

working out the risistances / capatinces for 1Mhz to diode at 50/50 sq wave ( the 2 transistors will be high speed) and the 3rd ( diode power) will have to be high speed AND take around 200-300ma

EDIT: heres your diagram\/

Attachments

• Astable_multiviberator.JPG
    Astable_multiviberator.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 318

Well, push this thing up again...

Been building my own driver then. With some help from a german forum I have the following circuit, giving the possibility to control current and Duty cycle. While I use a quarz oscillator, the circuit below uses a so-called ringoscillator which allows also for frequency selection, and has a better modulation than the multivibrator ( :) ).
So yeah, fried one oscillator already, but the next one has been bought, this time two, for 40 and 15ns switching (made an error with the second one, targeted for 30ns :) )

As a matter of fact, if you drive just the oscillator, and put some NF signal onto the antenna circuit, you have a working radio emitter! But don't push it too far, or you'll fry your crystal :)

This circuit has a mosfet for current control, but he recommends a resistor for that. Well, anyways, no "active current leveling" here so far, so as battery voltage goes, so does power, but that can be adjusted.

So, now all that I lack to fully test it is, a diode.

Circuit:
attachment.php

I'm working on a pulsed circuit which uses a 16F84A PIC at 20Mhz along with a 'bunch' of other components and it seems to be producing the waveforms I specify. The real trick will be knowing the voltage and amperage to send through the DVD diode with what duty cycle and pulse duration.