Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PS3 Slim Release Date?

Does anyone know if the release date for the PS3 Slim is definatly 100% confirmed? Sony have a nasty habit of delaying it right at the last minute.

My plan is, assuming the release date is confirmed, to sell my current 40GB PS3 now and then buy the PS3 Slim straight away. That way I should be able to sell my current PS3 at around £200, and then spend £250 on the new Slim model. That way I am technically only spending £50 on the new model which considering my current one is only 40GB and doesn't even play PS2 games, I would say £50 is well worth it.

supposedly it will hit in sept.. rumors are ps3 slim can be pre ordered @ kmart

300$... lighter, thinner and more standard HD space

supposedly it will hit in sept.. rumors are ps3 slim can be pre ordered @ kmart

300$... lighter, thinner and more standard HD space

Hmm, when in September is the problem, every site I see says different.

Stuff the rumers, you can already preorder it on game.co.uk for £249.99.

The thinner it is makes a huge advantage because of my surround sound setup and the bigger hard drive capacity is much needed in my case... I have 3GB left on my 40GB model and all I have downloaded is the new Vidzone and PlayStation Home.

Anything about this in the UK? I'd love to be able to play my old PS2 games upscaled on a nice TV, with a wireless controller...

Side note: Did anyone ever play Jak and Daxter? Such a brilliant game in so many ways...

hmm?? i thought i read it isn't going to be backwards compatible.. :confused:

Hmmm..... Its not THAT much thinner that the orginal, i mean, not like what they did with the PS2. When i heard they were slimming it down i figured it would be a huge change in size like the PS2 slim where it went from something like a briefcase to a DVD case.