Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

protective eyewear for RPL-425

msalek

hi hello!

so i just got my new green! RPL-425 so now i was wondering wich glasses do i need for this?

i was checking laserglows but they have two options:

Laserglow - Protective Laser Goggles - Fit-over

LSG-532-NF-2 OD 5 + @ 190-380nm OD 2 + @ 400-532nm VLT21% UV, blue and green lasers: 190-532nm up to 500mW

and

LSG-532-NF-7 OD 7 + @ 190-532nm 48% UV, blue and green lasers: 190-532nm above 500mW

theyre both the same price so i got kinda confused on wich one to get.

any help would be amazing. :yh:

thanks.

ms

At first i thought you were comparing the sport and fit-over googles, but after rereading your post i see what you mean. They differ in price buy a buck but are rated slighlty differently, unfortunately im no expert at interpreting those ratings, but perhaps a more knowledgeable member may fill you in.

msalek

no worries man... at least you replied :)
i have been trying to ask people about it but no luck.. it seems that talking about protective eyewear is some sort of TABOO. heh

Last edited:

X FLY

The bigger the OD the better the protection.

OD is the ability of the laser safety glasses to weaken or block a specific wavelength of light. The higher the OD, the less light that will be transmitted by the glasses. OD is based on a factor of 10 so with an OD >3 less than 1/1000 of the laser beam energy will be transmitted by the glasses and less than 1/10 000 of the laser beam energy will be transmitted by glasses with an OD >4 glasses. -DragonLasers.com

The RPL peaks at over 500mw so I would recommend some safety glasses with od 3 - 5. The OD 7 glasses would block "too much" of the light :)

If you want the cheapest good quality OD >3 glasses get these: Laser Glasses - Dragon Lasers (I recommend these)

And for OD >5 get the LSG-556-NF-5 from Laserglow - Protective Laser Goggles

another RPL BROTHER welcome aboard ps you will soon by a 473 RPL
and theres nothing going to stop you