Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Projectors Now Available!

What I dont understand is how scanning speed makes thing safer for the eye.

It doesn't. If you scan the same image over the same area at 10Kpps, the average power density at a given point is the same as if at 30Kpps. What makes a difference is the size of the image

Benm

That would be bad if you smashed the thing in your face, but this applies to conventional projectors as well.

It obviously does - looking straight into the output lens of a 'conventional' projector would be a very bad idea, but people suddenly freak out about safety when the light comes from a laser.

One sidenode is that this is a portable, handheld device, which does make it more likely to hit someone in the face by accident. I'm not sure what the output angle of the thing is, but it'd probably have to be darn close to your eye to pose a hazard. At 10 inches away or so, its no more dangerous than any 20 lumen led flashlight.

It would be interesting to see the output of each separate diode, one at a time while it's playing a video. I think a double gauss lens would do the trick.
25846_1283155561809_1317690211_30705101_7727948_n.jpg

Damien

Nice technology. Be perfect if you're traveling ...or just wanna impress some chick at Denny's.

GPS laser projector be nice.

Last edited: