Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

project proposal

has anyone tried to make a marketable blue ray or other diode laser cnc for home or hobby use. I propose a device retailing for under 500$ US. all the ones I've seen set you back for at least three grand and use co2 tubes and are quite delicate. why not a 2.2 watt 447nm head for the quill. this would work nicely in plastics, wood and laminates. I've seen a few on the inscrutables but not a machine ready for the retail market.

People have. But they are more for etching. There just isn't enough power. Unless you have a super thin material, and all the time in the world.

Michael

Can you make a production model wich one could mount hos own pointer on it . this would be great for arts and craft work.

in response..Etching and wood burning is what I want this for.
Also I want to see a lower cost machine that is less dangerous to have around...ie high voltage power supply. and offer legitment use for diode láser. I picture something the size of a breadbox and is portable for on site use

Last edited:
Nobody is mass producing them. The one in the video is a one off. The creator, I believe even wrote his own software