Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Project for beginner

VernoxVernax

RCR123A is the same thing as 16340, just another name.

However, you contradicted yourself like 5 times in your message and didn't even answer my question, so I don't think I can recommend you anything.
Sorry let me try again.

Yo Vernox.

So it does look like you'll be needing a pair of 16340's.

Before I recommend anything, you wanted an actual charger right?

What kind are you thinking?

Something that's of decent price ($40) but will last your needs basically forever and will charge all your future batteries?

Something cheaper (~$20) that will just suit you for this particular laser?

Something digital that gives you easy to read battery information?

Something simpler that you just insert your batteries and start charging?

Do you want to be able to charge up to 2, or 4 batteries at a time?

There's A LOT of options out there based on what you need :)

I need the batteries and the charger. "Something Cheaper". 2 Are enough when I only need 2 for the laser. I think I dont need any digital, all my cheap chargers had a little indicator led, that would be enough. Nothing special.

Sorry, I havent slept allot. School closed and I had to get all my stuff and now all supermarkets are closed. Covid isnt really helping atm.

VernoxVernax

RCR123A is the same thing as 16340, just another name.

However, you contradicted yourself like 5 times in your message and didn't even answer my question, so I don't think I can recommend you anything.
Is that enough information?

Snecho

Sorry let me try again.

I need the batteries and the charger. "Something Cheaper". 2 Are enough when I only need 2 for the laser. I think I dont need any digital, all my cheap chargers had a little indicator led, that would be enough. Nothing special.

Sorry, I havent slept allot. School closed and I had to get all my stuff and now all supermarkets are closed. Covid isnt really helping atm.
Yes, the coronavirus isn't making things any easier.

Take a look a look at this list: https://www.nitecorestore.com/single-dual-slot-battery-chargers-s/2677.htm

The i2 2016 seems like what you want. There are a lot of very similar chargers out there though, and the UM20 and UI2 are also an option. Even the digital Nitecore D2 charger can be bought for the same price as those on other sites. And those are all just Nitecore chargers.

If you do go with the i2, order it from liionwholesale instead as it's a full $5 cheaper. Whichever one you want, make sure you set the right mode on the charger for your batteries as these are made to charge almost every type of battery in existence. Charge 16340's at .5A as well.

As for batteries, I'd recommend the Vapcell 16340. They are good all around 16340's. I was going to say order them off liionwholesale, but they are out of stock there so look at this site: https://www.18650batterystore.com/16340-battery-p/vapcell-16340-battery-800mah.htm

Assuming button top, non protected batteries will fit.

VernoxVernax

Yes, the coronavirus isn't making things any easier.

Take a look a look at this list: https://www.nitecorestore.com/single-dual-slot-battery-chargers-s/2677.htm

The i2 2016 seems like what you want. There are a lot of very similar chargers out there though, and the UM20 and UI2 are also an option. Even the digital Nitecore D2 charger can be bought for the same price as those on other sites. And those are all just Nitecore chargers.

If you do go with the i2, order it from liionwholesale instead as it's a full $5 cheaper. Whichever one you want, make sure you set the right mode on the charger for your batteries as these are made to charge almost every type of battery in existence. Charge 16340's at .5A as well.

As for batteries, I'd recommend the Vapcell 16340. They are good all around 16340's. I was going to say order them off liionwholesale, but they are out of stock there so look at this site: https://www.18650batterystore.com/16340-battery-p/vapcell-16340-battery-800mah.htm

Assuming button top, non protected batteries will fit.
Both stores are non international. I am gonna search for one that ships to my country. Thank you.

It really depends on the rated mAh of these batteries. Good 16340 batteries are rated ~700 mAh and two of those are fine to use with the up to 2+ watt 445nm-450nm lasers. You can actually use them on higher power lasers, but at reduced run times. I have a 1700 mW 465nm blue laser running on two of these.

VernoxVernax

It really depends on the rated mAh of these batteries. Good 16340 batteries are rated ~700 mAh and two of those are fine to use with the up to 2+ watt 445nm-450nm lasers. You can actually use them on higher power lasers, but at reduced run times. I have a 1700 mW 465nm blue laser running on two of these.
I am gonna search for 700mAh ones. Thanks

Snecho

Awesome.
I myself just couldn't find any place other than ebay.
On your linked website I have found the UM20, thats already very good. Now the batteries. They have 16340 and allot of them.
Sadly, no vap(e)cell. But, RCR123A nitecore batteries (https://www.nitecorestore.com/Nitecore-Rechargeable-Battery-NL166-p/bat-16340-nite-nl166.htm)
Are these the right current... or should I look for others?
The Nitecore ones are protected cells and are longer than normal. They might not fit.
A more standard size would be unprotected and button top.

VernoxVernax

They state that these batteries are 35 mm long, so 1 mm longer than the 34 mm long 16340 cells. That would be 2 mm with two, so if there is a spring inside your pointer it can likely handle the extra 2 mm.

bertha

It's very easy, refer to this video
Good choice in deciding to build your own, it's way more satisfying than buying random cheap pens off of ebay like most people do
great, thanks for sharing
o.png