Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Project for beginner

Snecho

These diodes have horrible divergence specs. Using a long FL lens like the G8 may cause some clipping of the beam because by the time your are 8 mm from the emitter it has already spread too far and all of the light won't make it into the lens. If you are concerned about the divergence the 3 element lenses might be a better option. My G8s did clip the beam on my ML501P73 diodes.
Thanks for the advice Paul! I did think it might clip the beam but I wasn't sure. I still have a lot to learn myself 😊
The
DTR-3E-R 600nm-800nm AR Coated Three Element Glass Lens
one?
Yup, that's DTR'S 3 element lens for the red spectrum. It should give you pretty much the best beam quality, BUT you will lose about 25% of your optical power.
Ok thanks. I think I will buy that DTR G8 Lens now. If its not what I wanted in the first place I could buy a new one, the shipping is very cheap unlike survival lasers.
Yep, like you said, pretty much the best way to find out is to buy all of them and test things yourself. Bit more $ of course.

VernoxVernax

Yup, that's DTR'S 3 element lens for the red spectrum. It should give you pretty much the best beam quality, BUT you will lose about 25% of your optical power.
Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, that 3 element lens from DTR would be the one I was referring to.

Thanks.

Does anyone of you know when DTR usually answers to his emails, or is shipping his products? Do I get a shipping confirmation?

He has an employee now that helps with these. Sometimes life gets in the way of him being able to respond quickly, but he will get back to you. Email him and also send him a PM here. I don't know what is going on with him at this moment, but he has always managed his business well. He has been an asset to the LPF for years.

VernoxVernax

He has an employee now that helps with these. Sometimes life gets in the way of him being able to respond quickly, but he will get back to you. Email him and also send him a PM here. I don't know what is going on with him at this moment, but he has always managed his business well. He has been an asset to the LPF for years.

Ok. Its not that I would have concerns, its just that he hasn't been online here since November. I am gonna write him a DM. Thank you.

Snecho

Cool, so I assume that's the one you ordered?
Does anyone of you know when DTR usually answers to his emails, or is shipping his products? Do I get a shipping confirmation?
Ok. Its not that I would have concerns, its just that he hasn't been online here since November. I am gonna write him a DM. Thank you.
Jordan (DTR) has been having some personal issues I believe. It is a shame he hasn't been online since then. You can check his thread for more info.

VernoxVernax

Cool, so I assume that's the one you ordered?

Jordan (DTR) has been having some personal issues I believe. It is a shame he hasn't been online since then. You can check his thread for more info.

Yes I did.

Thats not good to hear. I will read it. Has he been not working/shipping since November?

Snecho

Yes I did.

Thats not good to hear. I will read it. Has he been not working/shipping since November?
Hey I'm sorry, I was going to link the thread in question but I had to get a haircut. Here is the thread starting with the post he made about it: https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/dtrs-laser-shop-laser-diodes-more.61635/post-1572010

I haven't ordered anything from DTR recently so I don't personally know the details on if he's shipping/how long it takes to respond..etc. But like Paul said, I believe he has someone helping him now to get orders out. Again, the thread might shed some light.

VernoxVernax

Hey I'm sorry, I was going to link the thread in question but I had to get a haircut.
Np

Oh thats very sad. I hope they are ok.

Thank you.

VernoxVernax

Omg. Snecho. You'll never guess what just happened. I wrote aug on this forum 10min ago (if he could swap the G8 toa E3) and I just got a email that he will include both because Im a beginner.
I have never had such an amazing experience. This is unbelievable. On my way to a donation. :)

PS: my diode and lenses got shipped.

Last edited:

Snecho

Omg. Snecho. You'll never guess what just happened. I wrote aug on this forum 10min ago (if he could swap the G8 toa E3) and I just got a email that he will include both because Im a beginner.
I have never had such an amazing experience. This is unbelievable. On my way to a donation. :)

PS: my diode and lenses got shipped.
Oh that's right! Aug is the guy helping DTR! I totally forgot you could just email him. My bad.

Well hey that's awesome man! You mean you ordered the G8 but then needed to change it to the 3E? Either way, you got two very nice lenses now :)

VernoxVernax

You still there Vernox?
oh sorry had allot to do. I got tracking codes for survivallasers and dtrsshop and both packets now get driven through all 50 states. Idk what they think they are doing but they will eventually arrive at my home in europe :D.
Should I continue this thread when I got my parts and have more questions for building it or should I open a new one?

Snecho

oh sorry had allot to do. I got tracking codes for survivallasers and dtrsshop and both packets now get driven through all 50 states. Idk what they think they are doing but they will eventually arrive at my home in europe :D.
Should I continue this thread when I got my parts and have more questions for building it or should I open a new one?
I'm sure it's not going through all 50 states lol.

I vote continue in this thread. More organized in this case.