Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Programmable Laser Text Projector

OMG!!! Thanks GVLLD M981 for posting this info about my text projector.

Here's the latest video of it working indoors in a night club.
http://youtu.be/W_M7HxZNtpE

This is an older video (outdoors):
http://youtu.be/MqK6A2__yHM

I think everyone could turn his/her laser pointer hobby into a small (or not so) business -- it's easier than you may expect.

How it works:

1. There are not so many visitors in caffees, restaurants and night clubs on certain days or at certain hours. This is a problem for business owner. Discounts or so called "special offers" could help but how will people learn about them? You can solve the problem by displaying messages EVERYBODY will notice. I mean it, no human eye can ignore a laser message displayed on the floor or on the wall. Yes, everybody will read it and some will even start playing with the beams. No, it's safe.

2. All sorts of outdoor ads. Think of large flat surfaces in your city. Walls and fences? Snow covered hills? Dry asphalt? They all will do.

3. "Special events" -- isn't it cool to impress a girl when she sees a message like "HAPPY BIRTHDAY", "I LOVE YOU, SWEETHEART", "MARRY ME" or "BURN IN HELL, *ITCH", whatever is applicable, on the wall of the house across the street?

4. Maybe you could offer your own income generating application, why not?

I want to stress it, it's easier than what you think it could be.

The projector consists of:
- a laser pointer,
- two mirror drives with corresponding amplifiers,
- power supply unit,
- the board that controls those mirrors and laser diode in your pointer.

Mirror drives with amplifiers and power supply come in a single package directly from China (I'll give you the link to the manufacturer web-site so you can order them for $60 only).

In case you are familiar with lasers all you need to start making money with your own text projector is my board and just a few more minor things. The package you'll get from me will include the mainboard, two external memory modules (they look like USB thumb drives) and a simple programmer to put those messages into the memory modules (it's easy, too).

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me:
E-mail: e-go [you-know-what] inbox [dot] ru
Phone: +7-90-90-500-800

If you have any doubts considering my qualification or in case you think I could grab your money and run to Mexico, just visit these web-sites:

One of my designs being on sale in the USA:
Sergey Board - Chipsets & Circuit Boards It's named after me and some bad guys are even trying to make clones of it in China -- I'm pleased with both of these facts.

Other people feedback about my designs:
BB MACHINEGUN OWNERS GROUP FORUMS - If It Does Not Shoot Metal It Does Not Belong Here :: DROZD MP661K BB Machinegun Owners Group Discussion Forum :: Drozd Blackbird "Sergey's board - 2" (9-24V, 400-2000 RPM, Full auto, 4-12 ms)

Now that you don't have any doubts, please start thinking about generating income in your city and let me know if I can help you.

Yours,
Sergey Pismensky.

P.S. GVLLD M981, thanks again for posting info about my laser text projector here. Are you D**B from airguns forum?

Last edited:
Hello everyone and Meatball.

It's not that I'm lazy or something. The question you asked me in your e-mail was so serious and intrigueing so I literary couldn't stop thinking about it for the whole day. I've just sent you a long e-mail in reply to yours.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier. This projector is oriented for commercial use, one of the board's features is an odometer -- a total working time counter. You'll need it in case you hire someone to display laser messages on hourly basis. This way you'll be able to check the income and prevent your emploee from stealing it.

Yours,
Sergey.

I didn't mean to ask you something that might infringe on your design security! I'm a bit too curious sometimes. :)

I LOVE my Sergey Board, I couldn't be more pleased with it. I've bought a couple of them, now. I bought my Drozd because of Sergey's board, actually, just had to have it.

And Sergey is brilliant, you are dealing with the designer himself. If you have an idea for improvement, some function or feature you could use, you can tell Sergey, and if it is possible at all, he'll redesign the thing to include it for you. I can attest to that, personally. He garentees satisfaction, and he means it.

Last edited:
Hmm I could use this.. I always wanted to graffiti the city hall or something without using spray paint. can you send one to usa, how much is a unit like this? I could lease this to my local nightclub dj

how does this differ from other laser projectors?

OMG!!! Thanks GVLLD M981 for posting this info about my text projector.

Here's the latest video of it working indoors in a night club.
Laser_text_demo.wmv - YouTube

This is an older video (outdoors):
Laser_Projector_EN.wmv - YouTube

I think everyone could turn his/her laser pointer hobby into a small (or not so) business -- it's easier than you may expect.

How it works:

1. There are not so many visitors in caffees, restaurants and night clubs on certain days or at certain hours. This is a problem for business owner. Discounts or so called "special offers" could help but how will people learn about them? You can solve the problem by displaying messages EVERYBODY will notice. I mean it, no human eye can ignore a laser message displayed on the floor or on the wall. Yes, everybody will read it and some will even start playing with the beams. No, it's safe.

2. All sorts of outdoor ads. Think of large flat surfaces in your city. Walls and fences? Snow covered hills? Dry asphalt? They all will do.

3. "Special events" -- isn't it cool to impress a girl when she sees a message like "HAPPY BIRTHDAY", "I LOVE YOU, SWEETHEART", "MARRY ME" or "BURN IN HELL, *ITCH", whatever is applicable, on the wall of the house across the street?

4. Maybe you could offer your own income generating application, why not?

I want to stress it, it's easier than what you think it could be.

The projector consists of:
- a laser pointer,
- two mirror drives with corresponding amplifiers,
- power supply unit,
- the board that controls those mirrors and laser diode in your pointer.

Mirror drives with amplifiers and power supply come in a single package directly from China (I'll give you the link to the manufacturer web-site so you can order them for $60 only).

In case you are familiar with lasers all you need to start making money with your own text projector is my board and just a few more minor things. The package you'll get from me will include the mainboard, two external memory modules (they look like USB thumb drives) and a simple programmer to put those messages into the memory modules (it's easy, too).

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me:
E-mail: e-go [you-know-what] inbox [dot] ru
Phone: +7-90-90-500-800

If you have any doubts considering my qualification or in case you think I could grab your money and run to Mexico, just visit these web-sites:

One of my designs being on sale in the USA:
Sergey Board - Chipsets & Circuit Boards It's named after me and some bad guys are even trying to make clones of it in China -- I'm pleased with both of these facts.

Other people feedback about my designs:
BB MACHINEGUN OWNERS GROUP FORUMS - If It Does Not Shoot Metal It Does Not Belong Here :: DROZD MP661K BB Machinegun Owners Group Discussion Forum :: Drozd Blackbird "Sergey's board - 2" (9-24V, 400-2000 RPM, Full auto, 4-12 ms)

Now that you don't have any doubts, please start thinking about generating income in your city and let me know if I can help you.

Yours,
Sergey Pismensky.

P.S. GVLLD M981, thanks again for posting info about my laser text projector here. Are you D**B from airguns forum?

how does this differ from other laser projectors?

Correct me if I'm wrong but this would seem like a 20kpps set of scanners with an inexpensive dac that stores the text and a power supply?
Which is basically just a ultra low end projector, single color.

Last edited:
Hello trussmonkey25, icecruncher and swamidog.

Greetings and special thanks to GVLLD M981.

This projector is very easy to program. You know, I could make it RGB-capable, able to display animated cartoons etc BUT in our case this would involve increasing its cost significantly with no increase in carrying information efficiency. So, a kid can program it now to display some important info.

Then, the design is DIY-oriented. You can give it the final shape or even embed it into some other equipment.

It doesn't need an external PC to operate. Install it wherever you want.

Here's what I offer:

The mainboard, two memory modules and a programmer to get the text messages into them. It's all for $350. The cost of shipping is included in those $350. It takes 2-3 weeks to deliver them to US/Canada (90% of my clents are from there). I'll tell you the parcel's tracking number so you'll be able to watch it on its way to you.

What you also will need (but it doesn't make any sense to send those things from Russia) for you to plan your business budget:

1. Two galvos with amplifiers (I'll tell you where you can order them in China for $70 or so).
2. +/-24VDC power source. It'll be shipped with the galvos from China.
3. A laser. Any visible laser will do with two limits: not all GREEN lasers can turn on and off fast enough due to their DPSS nature. Laser driver maximum current is 1A (Be careful with these power levels -- it's dangerous for human eyes). If you ever need more power you'll still be able to use this motherboard with external TTL-compatible driver.
4. A fan for amplifiers heatsinks cooling. Any 12 VDC computer cooler will do.
5. An inclosure for all above.
6. Any DC power supply rated for 6-12 V and at least 50 mA for memory modules programmer (an old cell phone charger will do).

When you have all components delivered from Russia and China, I'll show you how to assemble them all together (it's not a big deal) and put messages into memory modules. Also, I'd like you to think in advance about growing your business in your area when people notice your messages and demand for this kind of service increases. Maybe it makes sense to order two sets of galvos from China (it's only about $70).

Let me know if you have more questions.

How to contact me:
e-mail: e-go [you-know-what] inbox [dot] ru
Phone: +7-90-90-500-800 (I speak English)

Regards,
Sergey.

These are definitely two galvos with matching 20K ILDA pattern tuned amplifiers, not stepper motors.