Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Problems setting Driver!!!!

J

jenner6989

Alright i dont get it? i am using a rkcstr adj driver with a dummy load tester. i know or i think i know that i am doing all the steps right. but when i try to take my reading over the 1ohm resistor i just get a number between 4.6 and 5.4. i know thats not right. what is going on????

J

jenner6989

here are some pics:
1ae19126.jpg
1da8b383.jpg
c95917a0.jpg
077aff1d.jpg

J

jenner6989

if u scroll over to the third one on the top row of pics u can see where i am trying to take my reading from

set your dmm to the 2v setting and see what happens. if this is a new driver and you havent adjusted the current yet it should start out ~25-30ma

J

jenner6989

i think i have done that and got a f'd up reading to. ill go try again. any other sugg.?? am i taking the reading from the right spot?

J

jenner6989

can anyone tell me which way on the pot is all the way down or up? i might just wing it and put my diode on if i cant figure this out! bad idea....i know

if your testing from the sides of the resistor then your testing the right spots. clockwise is up and counterclockwise is down for current setting.

take a pic fo the setup while your testing it with the display showing in the pic. make sure your using 7.2+v for the rkcstr...

I had the same problem... test your batteries with your DMM, make sure they are giving more than 1A of current and the right voltage... some of radio shacks batteries can only put out about 50mA.