Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Prison to use 'excruciating' laser pain ray to control unruly inmates

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morgan

I don't think this is actually a laser. It's described in other places as either a microwave, or millimeter-wave system. I think they just got their sensationalist headline way wrong!

Here's a couple of other links but there are loads of others -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBfFRKkmwYw

YouTube - Military Ray Gun - Antipersonnel Microwave Weapon

I voted yes. It's non-lethal and as the prison guy says in one of the links, it doesn't disadvantage any inmate to become a victim themselves. Easy to smash off a wall I would think whilst not in use but if Raytheon wants to risk their system in a real environment then good luck to them. Kind of an intimidating thing to have watching over you so the deterrent aspect should help on it's own.

M
:)

Last edited:

HIMNL9

oh, the microwave gun again ..... pretty inefficent, if your clothes contains a metallic net / grid ..... also a grid with 10mm holes is enough for reflect it completely (but i bet they don't say this anywhere :p :D)

HIMNL9

prisoners not, ofcourse ..... but they was talking about riot control, in one of the videos ..... was referring to this.

Razako

prisoners not, ofcourse ..... but they was talking about riot control, in one of the videos ..... was referring to this.
Well the people rioting are probably too stupid to know about the deflection methods either. Basically this is for idiot control.