Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

prices

I got into high powered lasers over a year ago and since then I have not seen any price change in high powered green lasers. Nova lasers and dragon lasers still sell their 100mw pen type lasers for around $200. When can we expect to see some prices going down? With technology advancing as fast as it is these days you would think that prices would at least drop a little bit over the course of an entire year! How long do you think it will be before high powered green lasers above 100mw drop in prices?

As soon as Green Laser Diodes can be mass produced...
the DPSS green laser prices will drop...

Jerry

I asked CNI for prices of their greenies about 9 months ago.
When I look at the CNI group buy prices now the price dopped ~ 10-50 usd depending which laser you want.

I asked CNI for prices of their greenies about 9 months ago.
When I look at the CNI group buy prices now the price dopped ~ 10-50 usd depending which laser you want.

well of course the price in a group buy will be less but i am talking about the prices listed on websites in general, and $10 off a $300 laser isn't that great or even $50 off a $900 laser isn't good either, :/

i meant the main companies not the Chinese type ones with iffy quality, ya know what i mean?

i did see this laser on o-like though that looked very tempting with the video at the bottom, does anyone have it? would it actually be good or do you think it would crap out in like a week or month?

http://o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=869

Your best bet would be to get in on the CNI GBs.
I don't see the retailers (NOVA, DL, WL, Opto, LG, etc.) coming down in prices anytime soon- especially with the current economic BS.
CNI, however, has lowered prices a bit since the first GB.
If you want top quality you will have to pay top dollar.

If you want good quality for a good price, CNI is the way to go.

Last edited:
If you want top quality you will have to pay top dollar.

that's what I'm afraid of, lol,
btw, could someone do me a favor and list the prices for the current cni group buy for each laser, that would be tremendously appreciated!

thanks!

that's what I'm afraid of, lol,
btw, could someone do me a favor and list the prices for the current cni group buy for each laser, that would be tremendously appreciated!

thanks!

You can find prices in the threads.
;)