Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Price drop for blue?

The prices for green lasers have dropped significantly over the years it seems. How long do you guys think it will take for blue laser pointers to take a significant drop, because I really want one badly ;)

Do any of you all have a blue laser pointer? If so I'd love to see some pictures!

S

sprtdude91

I would also like to know when the blue prices will drop, and can the blues burn anything or is it purely for effect, not performance.

K

kingzilla

I think it is mostly for effect. Maybe the Spyder 40mw can pop balloons. I don't have a blue, I could never afford it, but I think they could be expensive for a while yet, the 473nm DPSS is not used for much else so the demande is very low.

NairB

:)

Hi jetson333 - Good question and as you have said greenies were hugely expensive just over 2 to 3 years ago where a 50mW would have set you back a couple of thousand dollars....much like the blueies cost right now.

So with that, I would guesstimate that a 40mW-50mW might cost you a few hundred dollars in that time....maybe even cheaper.

Technological improvements are moving so fast that you might be able to get hold of a handheld 200mW blue laser for the price of a 40mW is today...............hoping............needing.........wishing........lol ;D

jetson333 said:
...Do any of you all have a blue laser pointer? If so I'd love to see some pictures!

I attempted to post three photographs of my blue laser pointer using the {img} and {/img} tags (curly brackets replaced with straight brackets), but received the following message:

You do not have permission to post LINK in this board

T

timelord

Once you get to 20 posts you'll be able to post links on this forum. It was designed to keep the 1 post spammers from posting their unsavoury stuff on here. ;)

Hope this was of some help to you....

Sniper

What are you holding the match with?

That beam was pretty light i thought it would be darker but it was still cool!!

T

timelord

Sniper said:
What are you holding the match with?

That beam was pretty light i thought it would be darker but it was still cool!!

I think you'll find that he's using a soldering station like this below ;)

Attachments

• Image032.jpg
    Image032.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 106
S

SenKat

HEY ! I feel robbed ! Mine has legs - not that cool little cup thingie at the base !! ::)

T

timelord

SenKat said:
HEY !  I feel robbed !  Mine has legs - not that cool little cup thingie at the base !! ::)

Hey it only cost £4 = $7 ;D

S

SenKat

Timelord said:
[quote author=SenKat link=1163836308/0#10 date=1169766142]HEY !  I feel robbed !  Mine has legs - not that cool little cup thingie at the base !! ::)

Hey it only cost £4 = $7  ;D
[/quote]

So - what's your point ? I'm cheeeep, man !!!! ::)

T

timelord

SenKat said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1163836308/0#11 date=1169771256][quote author=SenKat link=1163836308/0#10 date=1169766142]HEY !  I feel robbed !  Mine has legs - not that cool little cup thingie at the base !! ::)

[/quote]

So - what's your point ?  I'm cheeeep, man !!!!  ::)[/quote]

Wind your neck in LOL ;D maybe i just payed less. I'll get you one if you want one?

S

SenKat

Timelord said:
[quote author=SenKat link=1163836308/0#12 date=1169774527][quote author=Timelord link=1163836308/0#11 date=1169771256][quote author=SenKat link=1163836308/0#10 date=1169766142]HEY !  I feel robbed !  Mine has legs - not that cool little cup thingie at the base !! ::)

[/quote]

So - what's your point ?  I'm cheeeep, man !!!!  ::)[/quote]

Wind your neck in LOL  ;D maybe i just payed less. I'll get you one if you want one?
[/quote]

LOL...I paid $3.00 for this one, I think I can live with it ! ;D Besides, shipping across the pond would murder you !

timelord, where'd you get that one? i'm looking for one like that... is it online??

T

timelord

aliencam said:
timelord, where'd you get that one?  i'm looking for one like that... is it online??
My girlfriend brought i for me from a chain store called hypervalue. ;)