Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Price Angels 500mw RPL esque Laser...Am I nuts?

Hell of a topic for a first post, I know. Flame on.

Hi guys, been lurking here for a few years. :whistle: I usually just sit back and read what the experts have to say...

I noticed several reviews of this laser lately-(Alpertuner's pic, btw- didn't want to jack his thread with the PA version)

DSC04464.jpg

And now Price Angels appears to have the same unit for $182. I highly doubt its anywhere close to 500mw, but I do love the host. Appears to be the same unit as the Rayfoss one, as well as a few others- Boblaser, etc. I'm thinking of taking a chance on it. Alpertuner's great post about his replacement has pushed me over the edge. :tsk: I want to hear everyone's opinion...am I nuts?

No, its not a first laser. I have the usual collection of dead red husks from a decade of laser addiction, a homemade one from a DVD burner diode(breadboard nightmare), a red DX sourced 200mw Dilda(still going after 2years), an O-Like 85mw 405Nm purple(amusing toy, but junk), and a green mini rpl look host that claims 100mw, but is really like a 30 or 40 I guess.

John has been pretty open about the real output of some of his lasers- the price is right, and its one of the ones tested...just worried how much is IR.

Use the search. Its not 500mW. Many people have posted this including me. :(

I did search on it...couldn't find one where someone had ordered it from PA. PA has its actual out put at a claimed 364 or something like that...frankly I'd be happy with that.

Pickegg offers a 445 in this host, which I think would be something I'm more interested in, but they are scammers it sounds like.

I believe I read somewhere that the owner of PriceAngels (drawing a blank on his name) admitted that that was factory claimed and it does less then 200. I may be mistaken though
I did search on it...couldn't find one where someone had ordered it from PA. PA has its actual out put at a claimed 364 or something like that...frankly I'd be happy with that.

Pickegg offers a 445 in this host, which I think would be something I'm more interested in, but they are scammers it sounds like.

Chinese deal sites are just plain inconsistent, not much else to it. You can be assured that PA still isn't the most consistent company out there. That said, they are better than some others, but it's a lottery.

If you're willing to take a shot and try it out for all of us that would be great! Just keep in mind that even if someone else reviews it positively, yours might not be the same.

jakeGT

easy way to figure out all of this stuff. LPM=laser power meter, the ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY way to know what your laser puts out for sure. I HATE when people are like i have a 2W laser for sale because I set it at 1.8A and a 405-g-1 lens. That doesnt mean crap, yeah it might be a decent ESTIMATE, but I had a 1.5A laser doing a little over 1.2W

once again, only 1 way to know...

also, I've heard of IR content being almost 50% of some of the cheap chinese sites power on greenies