Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Power meter

Daedal

Ok... I'm seriously caving in! I am getting closer and closer to buying a lasercheck and just forgetting about all the mess and guesswork that would be involved with measuring laser power, but there is still a glimmer of hope.

I would like to know if anyone knows of a better laser power meter. I can't justify $240 and 30 days of waiting for the LPM-1.

Is anyone selling a power meter for a reasonable price?

Thanx;
DDL

im not sure, you will have to go onto the die4laser site and ask.

but something like £120

Daedal

I have contacted him and he said that he's going to be making 10 of them soon... Something in the order of a week's time or so...

I still dunno if I want to wait that long, but if I ever wait for anything, I think this is what would definitely be worth it.

Thank you;
DDL

K

kingzilla

Daedal said:
I have contacted him and he said that he's going to be making 10 of them soon... Something in the order of a month's time or so...

I still dunno if I want to wait that long, but if I ever wait for anything, I think this is what would definitely be worth it.

Thank you;
DDL

Do I smell a group a group buy! ;D

Daedal

Well... let's do it... I'm in! 3W power meter for such an awesome price... I bet we can even drop it a few even if we're buying all 10 off him. So... here it is then...

If you're in on a GB for this...

http://www.die4laser.com/D4Thing/D4Thing.html

for a price of about $250 USD, let me know and I'll relay the message over to him.

I really hope this goes through! :D :D

--DDL

Daedal

I am still waiting for him to reply to my e-mail. Until then I am speculating based on his price quote back in March when he said he wanted to sell them for £120-140.

I will post as soon as I hear something back form him;
DDL

Daedal

I had asked him that as well. It seems that he has 10 sensors and thus he is limited to how many D4Thing's he can make. Seems he makes the sensors himself and the units he makes are obsolete and he can't get anymore once they are finished... :(

--DDL

Gazoo

Thanks for that info. I did see it when he had it on e-bay awhile ago. It does look like it would be a good deal, but I have absolutely no experience with power meters so I really don't know :p

Personally, I would prefer an LPM-1. The main reason is it has the ability to chart power output via the serial cable, and if it needs updating or calibration, it will be easier to send to Andover. This is only my opinion and based on what I have read about the LPM-1, everyone seems to be happy with theirs. I know a 30 day wait is a long time. I wonder if Tony at Andover would be interested in another GB???

Daedal

You can tell him, and if you can knock the price back to the original price he had, where it was less than $150 and the ND filter was reasonably priced, I would definitely be in for one. Until then, I'm in for anything else with a lesser wait time. I know this sounds very harsh and very mean of me, especially since I absolutely love the LPM-1 and it's wonderful features, but I honestly cannot justify such an item for such a price... :-[

--DDL

Gazoo

Hey DDL,
I completely understand :) I would love to have an LPM-1 at the GB price, and right now :) I am sure I have an LMP-1 on the way, and I don't know Tony at all. So if someone that knows him wants to see about another GB, this would be awesome. On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with having 2 meters. So if you work something out with D4Thing, I might be interested if he includes the sensor. Thanks.

Aseras

as far as laser power meters go, the lpm 1 is worth many times it's price.

A lasercheck runs $250 and is just a simple meter with no replaceable battery, it's good for a few thousand measures or so and then it has to be sent in for repair. Use a higher power laser, say over 200mw and you'll cook the business end pretty quick. the whole tip of mine is about to melt off.

ANY meter with data logging capability is at least $1000, especially one that will do multiple wavelengths. the only things that cost more and multihead capable meters.

a OLD outdated spectra or ophir meter and a single head usally start at $1000. If you can find one.