Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

power in retail or store bought lasers.

JIMS19

Hello from cape cod! This is Jims19 and would like to know what is the most powerful laser. Green, red,etc. available retail say from a store that sells such items. From what I understand, the 5mw type is very weak. Im looking for power., for use in sighting game from long distances. I have worked in ophthalmology with all types of medical lasers. What do you think as far as store bought? Thanks very much and for welcoming me on board.

If your in the USA no laser is >5mW's... go to O-Like.com and buy one for $50 :D

Yeah US law says no lasers above 5mW. But on a brighter note, you came to the right place. Spend some time and look around. You can either build or buy.

Also look in our "Campaines" section so see the "Scammers" and other reviews :D

Guys I'm just trying to help around here I don't want any problemes..

Welcome to LPF. Enjoy your time with us here.

mat.jpg

I have compiled a list of "must read" information, it will make your time with us more productive and pleasant.

Laser Resources (for n00bs and veterans alike!)

http://laserpointerforums.com/f36/looking-build-laser-read-me-47684.html

Sam's Laser FAQ (The Laser Bible)

Sam's Laser FAQ - Preface, Introduction, What is a Laser?, Safety

RP Photonics Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology

Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology - an Open Access Resource of In-Depth Information, Free Articles, Nonlinear and Fiber Optics

I have included a handy guide to assist you in finding what you need. ;)

search.gif

JIMS19

Is o-like a reputable company? There info is vague. Are they from the U.K. Their laser products are fantastic, the ones they show I mean. Thanks!

Yes they are an excellent company and they are in China so expect a few weeks for delivery.

First off, Welcome to the forum.:wave:
O-like is one of the better company's out there. (Chinese)
I own several of their products and I am very pleased with all of them. They test every laser they ship, to make sure it's within specs. (+- 10-15mW.)
Unlike other company's products that are sometimes a 1/3 of whats claimed.
Great lasers to start out with. Then move up to the big $$ ones, if you desire. I personally see no reason to spend $3000 on a laser that will do everything a $100 laser will do. Granted, not as good as the top dollar ones, but being I don't work in a lab, they're good enough for me. Unless I win the lottery or something.:crackup:

Asherz

Just like too add that O-like is a great company, with friendly staff.

On a less happy note beware off Beamcheap.com, it appears they are a sub branch of O-like but owned by different people and were found to be lying on several occasions.

Stick with O-Like.com, GL.

ZRTMWA

If you're looking for a US company try Optotronics, Laser Glow, NOVA Lasers, or Dragon Lasers