Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Potential bluray host.

Kenom

Was at harbor frieght and saw this little ittybitty flashlight and figured I'd tear into it for a potential host for a bluray laser pointer. I know that catdog used that mini led, laser for a host and so i've been looking at other little hosts to work. Check out the pictures.

Attachments

• new4.jpg
    new4.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 93

S

SenKat

Yer gonna need to get 5v or more out of it to make it a blu-ray....what powers that ?

catdog

Kenom said:
3 button batteries
Unfortunately three 1.5V batteries will not run a bluray laser without using a boost regulator, hence the reason I selected the led/laser host which uses four 1.5V button cells.

Kenom

hmmm well there is a little room in the head for a circuit. Maybe that itty bitty teenie one deadal was playing with. I was pretty sure when I got it that it wasn't going to work but it's still a sweet little light and I'm sure I can use it for something. Maybe a dvd burner diode in it from a 2-8x burner. little output but still nice.

Kenom

actually I did a bit of modification to the bottom of this and it can be made to take 4 button cells. So catdog were back on in that aspect.

Daedal

What's with the double thread? :-?

Should I delete one?

--DDL

Kenom

if you can move the pictures that the other thread has, then delete that one, that would be cool.

catdog

Kenom said:
actually I did a bit of modification to the bottom of this and it can be made to take 4 button cells.  So catdog were back on in that aspect.
Excellent! Combine it with an aixiz module, current limiting resistor, PS3 lens assembly and you'll have a nice looking tiny bluray pointer :)

Kenom

I was unaware that I had to use the lens assembly from a ps3! why for do I need the lens from the ps3?

catdog

You don't need the lens - the GB is for the entire PS3 lens assembly, of which you extract the bluray laser diode and throw the rest away!  

Kenom

I gotcha.  My misunderstanding.  I'm now going to work on putting a push button switch in the tailcap.  I honestly don't think it's going to work and I'm going to have to twist the tailcap off to turn it off. (I hate that)

I'll do the modification to get the module in, buy the lens assembly, send you the host and you can put it together for me!! hehe sounds like a plan to me!!! j/k