Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

possibly in need of custom heatsink..

awray

Was wondering if anyone would be able to muster a heatsink that would fit an Inova X1 sportlight?
(Cant post link, dont have 10 posts)

if so, and judging by the dimensions of it, think it would be able to handle decent mW'age without it overheating too much?

oh and..

If anyone has used a Fenix P2D as a host, you think it would fit Dark Horse's heatsink? The dimensions of the Fenix (3.1" x 0.8") are pretty damn close to the dorcy jr...

any help would be greatly appreciated...

As for a custom heatsink, you should pm Dark Horse or Jayrob and ask them if they would make one for you.

I'm not for sure on the dimensions of the Dorcy Jr. but you said that the dimensions were close, meaning not exact, so that would mean you would have a heatsink that won't fit into the P2D or it will fit inside but be too small and rattle around a bit all depending if the Dorcy Jr. has a larger or smaller head than the P2D (Which I'm not for sure of). If the Dorcy head is just a bit bigger than the P2D then it could work if you glued the heatsink to the host to prevent movement.

Either way you should PM both Jayrob and Dark Horse and see if they can make one for you. I'd Pm Dark horse first seeing that he already makes heatsinks to fit the Dorcy, maybe he won't mind making one just a tiny bit smaller or larger.

Hope I helped :)

awray said:
Was wondering if anyone would be able to muster a heatsink that would fit an Inova X1 sportlight?
(Cant post link, dont have 10 posts)

if so, and judging by the dimensions of it, think it would be able to handle decent mW'age without it overheating too much?

oh and..

If anyone has used a Fenix P2D as a host, you think it would fit Dark Horse's heatsink? The dimensions of the Fenix (3.1" x 0.8") are pretty damn close to the dorcy jr...

any help would be greatly appreciated...

Welcome to the forum ;)
The outside dimensions of the host would mean very little when deciding what size to make the heat-sink, they would just be too inaccurate. Jayrob and I are machining the 'sinks to fit to gaps smaller than .005", just over the width of a human-hair. If you have a way to measure very accuratly, (like a micrometer, or at least some universal-calipers), you can send me the dimensions you need and I will turn it to your specifications for very reasonable. Few people have these tools around, so most just send me thier host and I fit a heat-sink to it. This is on a case by case basis, they are pretty time-consuming. I record the dimensions and the next time someone wants that heatsink I do not need to have it sent, (in theory anyway).
Let me know how I can help,
DH

* I finished this little guy last night for a member

Attachments

• IMG_2571_Small.JPG
    IMG_2571_Small.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 154
i may add that we here at my job if i had a sample could copy that heat sink if needed like mentioned earlier just throwing sizes and dimentions may be a pain for my fab guy crap when i need a part made as it is already is a pain . but if i have a item i needv copied my guy is an artist should see the clutch master cylinder resevoir he made me for my 1979 cbx super sport 1000 Niccceee

awray

awesome thanks guys! The host should be here this next coming week, i'll see if i can find a caliper to measure the inside diameter