Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possibly higher output diode

I got a sld3232vf 405nm 50mW diode. Normal current is 60/70mA for 50mW. Now with that current i saw a little square noise around the dot with the lens.

Now i got the output on 140mA, the square is gone. I have heard that a diode generates more optical power at lower temperature so i tested it on -20 degree C, no COD. 100 degree C plus, still no COD and last, atleast 80% output reflection back to the lens with a mirror, it still works. I went trough 5 battery charges now. Its pushing more then 120mW.

This diode got sold to me as SLD3232VF. Does this mean it is a different one like the SLD3236VF? I mean i pushed it double its rated current and -20 degree C and optical reflection doesn't kill it like the LOC red diodes do when overdriven

BobMc

Man I wish I could answer your question but I can't. :( . But I so much like reading your indepth posts, thanks. Hopefully someone that knows will chime in. Looking forward to the answer. :)

Last edited:
Man I wish I could answer your question but I can't. :( . But I so much like reading your indepth posts, thanks. Hopefully someone that knows will chime in. Looking forward to the answer. :)

Hi, thanks! No problem i like this diode it still works if it stays like this

equal

ok .. i know, this is a old thread, but here is a testplot.
max current is 83mA (i did not dare). 140mA ??? i dont belive :thinking:

Attachments

• SLD3232.png
    SLD3232.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 58
ok .. i know, this is a old thread, but here is a testplot.
max current is 83mA (i did not dare). 140mA ??? i dont belive :thinking:

at least you necroposted to add a usefull chart for anyone that will try to find info for this diode.i do have this diode but i have not tested it yet. did you make the chart and mesurments by yourself or you found it from someone else?

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

equal

hi,
i have posted this diagram to help anyone. It is was measured by myself with my Ophir LPM. Informations for this laser diode are very rare and a i did not found a genuine datasheet.

Greetings

it seems like it can take some more current as the efficiency gets better instead of dropping