Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possible sources for LD's or just junk?

I have dumpster dived before, sometimes you could strike gold, literally, other times it's a wast of time. All you need to do is ask, surprizingly, more often than not you will get offered MORE stuff to take- especially if it is say a company remodeling or moving.

As for a RECYCLE dumpster, don't even bother, as the answer will be a resounding NO, and they know that e-scrap is some of the most valuable stuff to recycle (computers especially), HOWEVER, the usual exceptions to the rule are computer monitors, microwave ovens, and anything with either large capacitors or freon inside, which they will help you load it in your truck because they have to pay to dispose of them.

I have dumpster dived before, sometimes you could strike gold, literally, other times it's a wast of time. All you need to do is ask, surprizingly, more often than not you will get offered MORE stuff to take- especially if it is say a company remodeling or moving.

As for a RECYCLE dumpster, don't even bother, as the answer will be a resounding NO, and they know that e-scrap is some of the most valuable stuff to recycle (computers especially), HOWEVER, the usual exceptions to the rule are computer monitors, microwave ovens, and anything with either large capacitors or freon inside, which they will help you load it in your truck because they have to pay to dispose of them.

in spain, a dumpster diver found a gold statue of jesus on the cross worth over $500,000,000. I'm not sure what happened to it.

Was this statue a flash drive containing pictures of Jesus' last vacation, wrapped in $100 bills?
If so, it might have been worth that.

Somethings only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

So, logic dictates that ossumguywill bought it for $500,000,000

Somethings only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

So, logic dictates that ossumguywill bought it for $500,000,000

Incorrect-I wish, though. The gold itself was not extraordinarily expensive, but the relic was appraised by a team of museum collectors at above half a billion. I personally would never have paid near that much, but hey, I'm not an art guy.

will

Wow! Thread hijack much? LOL. And what's with the language? Sheesh.... It's just trash people! ;)

I just sent an email to the Electronics Drop-Off owner asking permission to remove items from their container, but eventually bringing them back for proper recycling. We'll see what they say.

I also have another source for freebies, and I've already "cashed in" on it by getting two computers (no hard drives, but one's a server) from someone local. So, I'll dissect them for whatever parts I can get, and then recycle them to the Electronics Drop-Off container.

I'll let everyone know what sort of response I get from the Recycling Center.

A friend of mine owns a labor company, I volunteer my help whenever they move an office (offices throw out lots of usefull stuff). In fact I have an old blueprint machine that I priced at about $800 sitting in my garage from one of those moves ;)

But the garbage is a great place to score goodies, a bar/nightclub near me closed a few months ago and they threw out a ton of lights, a disco ball and motor, some dj equipment and a smoke machinE, all of which still work!

I'm a junk picker from way back. I used to scrap metal too. My GF hates when I pull up to a trash pile, but I'll always pull a piece out she'll like, and she says "wow, than nice" LOL. The trick is to go to better neighborhoods. You can find crap on FreeCycle too.

yeas! thats is good. there is always good stuff in those recycling points
AND!!!!
ive discovered that when you ask BROKEN (yes)dvd burner and if they have one they cannot take money from broken dvd burner :D:D:D:D

Oh, I know all about Freecycle. That's where I got the two computers I mentioned. I've gotten a lot of other awesome stuff through that site, as well as getting rid of a crapload of stuff when I moved.

I'm sure trash dumpsters are a great source of computer stuff. The problem is they're usually on private property, so dumpster-diving may be a trespassing issue.