Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possible review of Ebay Violet Laser!

Freyth

Hot damn.

NO MORE LASERS PLEASE. YOU'RE TORTURING MY PURSE STRINGS LOL!!

You guys should be put behind bars for poisoning me with such astounding and out of this world gadgets!

ha ha that looks like an awesome bit of kit. all the different colours are dangerous for my wallet

K

kingzilla

Timelord said:
I'll be on for a group buy  ;)

Yep, count me into a group buy if you have one. I am ever so close to getting a complete set of the differant colors of laser (although I had to sell all my high powered ones).

things said:
does reviewing a laser mean you get one to test free?

usually, sometimes they might possibly ask you to return the laser, but mostly it's a free laser for you to review.

S

SenKat

No - you do not get to keep the lasers most of the time you review them. Sometimes companies will do that, but lots of money is tied up in these lasers - so they like to have them returned. I know it sounds like a good thing, but when too many people "flood" the companies with requests to review lasers - especially if you do not have the equipment, or expertise (not to mention the bank account if you break something !) but all those requests can sour a company from ever sending stuff out for review.

Things

so, say i wanted to review a dx laser (not that i am because someone else might have already) they could send me a free laser to review?

S

SenKat

They COULD - I highly doubt it, as there have been LOTS of reviews regarding DX lasers - there must be close to 20 threads on here alone ! The reason the companies send out lasers for review is for them to be able to get some exposure for their company. You do not even want to get into it if all you want out of it is a free laser ! There are timelines, a HUGE commitment, and postage costs - I have this wonderful Blue Dragon Aurora 9mw sitting here, being reviewed - CAREFULLY - because if I bust it, I gotta pay for it. Also - without the test equipment, and the know-how - it would be tough to convince them, in my opinion. I know this sounds like I am scloding, or teaching - just be sure that if you do something like that you have the best intentions in mind, and also remember - you represent a lot more than just yourself when you ask a comapny to send you items that cost more than quite a few people can afford. Does that make sense ?

Yeah, and to add onto what SenKat said: As someone who's ordered direct from the manufacturer of the DX lasers, I can tell you that it baffles me how they can even turn a profit at all. Even with bulk discounting there is barely any markup at all so it would be very difficult for them to send out anything for free.