Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possible Dead Laser

IsaacT

Hey qumefox how visible are the 405nm's that you are talking about? And do you have a link to the site??? Cuz I really want to obtain a purple one but right now I need to focus on buying a car....if there is a 10 dollar option tho then I really need to check it out.

I doubt the 808 would be pumping 300mW in a pen costing $7 but they have a nasty habit of being made as cheaply as possible.
Some can be VERY overspec and will give you a bad case of retina roast in a helluva hurry.
wannaburn* there is a 5mW set on ebay with a 405 and a greenie in it, the greenie looks smexy and the 405 is overspec. I'll try to find the seller for ya ;)
*edit: the seller that I used seems to be out of 'em but a simple search (http://shop.ebay.ca/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=5mW+405nm )
Will yield some good results

Last edited:

DTR

Hey qumefox how visible are the 405nm's that you are talking about? And do you have a link to the site??? Cuz I really want to obtain a purple one but right now I need to focus on buying a car....if there is a 10 dollar option tho then I really need to check it out.

I have one that is 45mW. It is nice for what it is. It is not super visible but you can see it in the dark or with smoke.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/ebay-9-blu-ray-pens-great-53322.html

IsaacT

Hey thanks for those links....I don't really NEED a <5mW Green, so I guess I could save the 6 bucks or use it to buy another one....up my chances of overspec :lasergun:
:thanks: +rep to both of you

EDIT: won't let me give you any more right now qumefox :(