Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Portugal says hello!

dzrick

Hello,

My name is Ricardo, I live in Portugal (that little square on Western Europe that looks like a face (for those who are terrible at geography)) :), this is my second post though, but I've never really wrote anything useful here. Well, like I've mentioned on the other post (about linear CC) I've read a lot of your posts before I even registered, anyway what I mean is that your forum is full of content and pretty much complete.

I previously owned a water-cooled CO2 40W laser tube, with alignment mirrors and collimating lens (ZnSe)... I still have it, but it's all in pieces broke trough the middle, I tried to fix it but I was too damaged (broke in half)...

I've got caught up in a *REALLY* bad luck day and the thing got destroyed by a small scale earthquake... It was sitting on a chair while I was moving it through floors on my house (it stood there for about 1 or 2 days)... Bad luck or Karma like I've said! Maybe I was negligent but... *sigh*... no one expects a quake... :banghead:

Anyway, I used it on a XY plotter me and a friend design and it used to work a treat, I didn't have oxygen feed so the cuts weren't quite perfect anyway, it did the job!

Now I'm going "808" since I want to mark metals, but I've heard it's kind of difficult and particularly dangerous to handle, especially if we're "homebrewing" almost everything!!

Somehow I'm used to 10,6uM and I know the kind of environment needed to handle these "things" (safety wear, filter windows, etc)...

Once I get the time and the camera, I will post some photos of my 'smashed' baby... Well... Think positive... at least I can keep the mirrors and make one from scratch......

This is my story, a funny/weird one, but something that I wouldn't mind share.

Ricardo

Hey dz!

Welcome to LPF, hope you have fun and get to meet alot of people who share the same hobby as you ;)

Bemvindo, Ricardo. Another noob pork-chop here (that's what they/we call call portuguese folks in some parts of the US, in case you're wondering). I presume you're from around Lisbon, for the quake to be noticeable? I'm originally from Aveiro. TTYL

dzrick

Thanks Greenlander!

"Ora obrigado!! :) Folgo em saber que há malta portuguesa por aqui!" -
Trans: "Well thanks, I'm glad to know there is portuguese people around here!"

Well, fresh as meat I am! :D

Yes, I'm near Lisbon and the epicenter was somewhere near Algarve a few months ago, bad luck belive me!! It was enough to bring the glass to the floor since it was "just sitting there" lol... :/

Bad things happen but we need to move forward! :)

Regards!

Thanks Greenlander!

"Ora obrigado!! :) Folgo em saber que há malta portuguesa por aqui!" -
Trans: "Well thanks, I'm glad to know there is portuguese people around here!"

Well, fresh as meat I am! :D

Yes, I'm near Lisbon and the epicenter was somewhere near Algarve a few months ago, bad luck belive me!! It was enough to bring the glass to the floor since it was "just sitting there" lol... :/

Bad things happen but we need to move forward! :)

Regards!

No prob man, always glad to welcome new members. If you ever need help check out the "Stickies" in the welcome thread, or ask any member :beer:

dzrick

Will do and still I am! :)

Currently studying drivers and power supplies...

Let's see where this goes to..!

Welcome to LPF, Ricardo! Sorry to hear about your mishap with the quake. Love your port man! By the way, never operate a laser when you're tipsy.

dzrick

Well, as requested by hakzaw1 I'm reviving the welcome post so people know that I am somewhat back!!! After 5 years I will hopefully finish my High current / Low voltage DC-DC "PSU" and share with you all!

Hooray! :D

Welcome back, though I really don't understand the need to do this now. You made this introductory post back in 2013, so you needn't have to update it. I would have just started a new thread explaining that you are back after a long sabbatical.

I think his first intro lacked location. Either way he just found a local friend so NOT a bad idea.. I am in favor of allowing as many intros as are needed to get things right. We lost a lot w/ this new forum.. NOT showing member location EVERY time they post turns out to be quite important when it comes to 'local' networking.

I've noticed every time Avery upgrades this forum we lose something else. It has happened every time. I do miss the old forum.