Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Porro Prism + Greenie

Took an old pair of binoculars apart and pulled out the prism from them and had a play with the greenie and this is what i got.

laser-tri.jpg

it could be a lot better, but it is currently 4:45am and i want to go to bed :p

Awesome pic!!! Love how the light scatters inside the prism!

But you just gave me an idea-- Can you combine beams with a prism? I have a real nice & big solid glass one from eons ago right here on my desk... Makes me want to seriously consider an X-series...

But looking at the photo more, I just realized thats one laser beam... SWEET! Gosh, I have so much stuff collected to experiment with my laser when I get the DDLDriver parts! (Doopah Duper Laser Driver... or is it Daedals Driver?)

PS: Has anyone tried popping bubblewrap?? ;D ;D ;D ;D If you apply pressure with your finger I am sure it would make a soundly pop!

Daedal

Very nice pic you got there... I should start posting some more pictures on here... I end up taping so much stuff and snapping so many shots but they never see the light of day because I never even have the time... :'(

Xenodius, you'd need 2 prisms to combine beams... I think they're called polarizing prisms. You could also use a dichro to combine different colors. That is probably going to be my next purchase. $40 is very much worth it to get about 200-300mW of yellow ;)

I haven't tried bubble wrap, but then again I haven't had much luck with anything transparent... like a water bottle :p

--DDL

Daedal

Rog, you were talking about the optics you got from camera you bought on eBay, right?

That's something to be proud of, and sorry to have missed that as one of the choices ;)

--DDL