Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Poor Man's Laser Power Meter?

Lumin

Man, you've tried everything! If I could rep I so would.

How come your homebrew didn't work as well as a bought tec? Did the glue conduct heat much worse than the tec plate? You had greater junction density, right?
I guess I'm back to a tec and paint, I'll try direct painting a cheap (burnable) one and at least seeing if the shutter divider system has a chance of working. I'll mount a tiny temp sense on the plate to warn me if I over-temp, hopefully I can react in time and I'll start with low power.

HIMNL9

Well, i'm almost 49 (yes, i'm old :p), and i'm in the electronic hobby field from when i was 12, i just had some more time for try all the crazy ideas that come me in mind, nothing special in this :D

No, for the thermocouples trial, it was not glue guilty, is only that the thermocouples themselves, and the thermal mass of the aluminium piece (it was 1mm thickness, i had nothing thinner and anodized), plus the thermal mass of the glue and the layer of Kapton tape i had to place between the thermocouples and the fin (otherwise they go in short circuit), all summed, was much more of a common thermopile disk thermal mass ..... maybe is possible to build something better, maybe using more thermocouples, and filing the aluminium plate thinner, but it was just an experiment for me, at that time, and when i seen that it was not working as i expected, i just stopped to work on it (also cause the assembly was very delicate ..... the disk was held from the thermocouples wires and nothing other, and there was too much risks to ruin it if it fall or something push on the surface ..... not a robust solution)

Good thermocouples can be the 10x10mm or 15x15mm, or also the 10x15mm ones, if you can find them ..... and, more junctions they have, better it is (BTW, more junctions also means higher working voltages, NOT higher currents or powers, so if you find 2 thermocouples of the same dimensions, and they say you that one work, as example, with 4V, and one with 8V, the one that work with the higher voltage is the better one for this use ;))

Hi I'm new I purchase a laser from texaslasers it was a blue 450nm at a 1000 mw and I'm not sure It's 1000mw can anyone tell me where I can buy a laser power meter. Can anyone tell me if texaslaser are good stuff thanks

First... you need to check the date of the Last Post....
It is from almost one year ago...

If you want to know what is for sale you will need to
check in the Buy/Sell/Trade and Pro Shop sections of
the Forum...

You can also look in my Sig...

Jerry