Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Poll: GB for THOR M 2 Laser

tommy

thor ultra host is available at any time, but the finish need to discuss. different materials have different ways to be finished, some maybe not be suitable for 24k gold.

Tommy,

Since you have good relationship with Chinese supplier,manufacturer,etc...

Could you offer some custom OEM Host for sell as a group buy?

like the CNI's host :GLP,PGL-III-M, PGL-III-C with a custom metal finish. (eg: Rosegold,24k gold,Satin Chrome, Matt silver,etc...)

or Thor Ultra host in the same fore mentioned metal finish.

that's just my personal opinion..

tommy

the offer will include safety goggles, we are talking about this page:
https://laserpointerstore.com/colle...ser-pointer-1000mw-2500mw?variant=36076993421

but seems people are not really interest so let's forget it.

301 1w blue laser is the cheapest one we can make, as low as 39 for the bulk laser. we've sold 1 set to india when the store just launched. the core is similar with thor laser. nice laser if people have limited budget.

200mw green is not available for thor, the 500mw purple can make. but less people like 405nm violet laser. can i ask, what's the shinning point of 405nm laser?

Strictly targeting low cost intro 1W blue's to newbie's isn't a bad idea in my opinion.
Everyone seems to like these Thor's now that they come with glass lenses.
A must would be to ad a pair of saftey glasses and be prepared for great customer service even though they are priced low??
Learn all about the builds as far as diode sources and drivers to be prepared. Don't start claiming false outputs and keeping it simple with maby just the one beam expander I see some success.

Edit: checked your sight and did see some improvement's but alot info is still lacking.
What is the blue 1W 301 about? Option of a 532 200mw Thor? maby the little popups of just sold items gets a bit annoying..

GSS

405nm is not bright, even at 500mw there is real no visible beam.
It is a good burner though when compared to other color's but no one has been able to make one reliable much more than 800mw+. so with the lack off high power its a trade off.
One issue they might not be selling is the 405nm in the 301 host don't seem to last?
although the 532 green 301 seem to be good.
You are still showing the Thor with the 200mw 532..

Last edited:

tommy

i agree GSS, the most interesting thing i play with 405nm laser is to check anti fake pattern on the money. we are still selling 405 laser in 301 host, but pretty few people buy it.

the THOR H has 200mw 532 green laser, i thought you mean thor m. but not hugh differences between 100mw and 200mw.

You factory need buy in bulk the OSRAM 515-520nm direct diodes and make at good price a basic 515-520 laser, many people just buy 532nm for 7 dollar, but 515nm can sell for 25-30 dollar and more people will buy.

The advantage you can have is bulk price on Osram diodes and you get a very good price on you factory drivers, this way you can bring value and make profit on an item we want even at 39 dollars, it's your driver that makes a profit.

Last edited:

tommy

thanks for your advise RedCowboy. the bulk laser diode part or with driver will be the next step, and one advantage is the diode is much more easy to get through customs than the handheld laser pointer. :)

You factory need buy in bulk the OSRAM 515-520nm direct diodes and make at good price a basic 515-520 laser, many people just buy 532nm for 7 dollar, but 515nm can sell for 25-30 dollar and more people will buy.

The advantage you can have is bulk price on Osram diodes and you get a very good price on you factory drivers, this way you can bring value and make profit on an item we want even at 39 dollars, it's your driver that makes a profit.

Encap

Last edited:

tommy

right, the price is not good and need to wait 10 days for CNI to make it out. i'll consider to ship out by DHL express to catch the time. i dont like waiting for something.

I see you have the 3X Beam Expander, is there a larger Beam Expander available that you can get?, maybe a 5X or 7X or even 10X with a wider output lens?

I have many of the 3.3X but I would buy some larger Beam Expanders if you can get them, I need the same or larger inlet for my divergence corrected 7.5mm beam, so if 5X then the output needs to be at least 40 mm.

If you can get 10X with 8mm or larger inlet then I need 75mm output lens because my divergence corrected beam is 7.5 mm.

I see the 3X has M11.4 x 0.5 threads to fit many housings on the market, I don't care what size threads are, I can make it work, I just need 7.5mm inlet or bigger for 7.5mm beam.

Last edited:

Encap

I see you have the 3X Beam Expander, is there a larger Beam Expander available that you can get?, maybe a 5X or 7X or even 10X with a wider output lens?

I have many of the 3.3X but I would buy some larger Beam Expanders if you can get them, I need the same or larger inlet for my divergence corrected 7.5mm beam, so if 5X then the output needs to be at least 40 mm.

If you can get 10X with 8mm or larger inlet then I need 75mm output lens because my divergence corrected beam is 7.5 mm.

I see the 3X has M11.4 x 0.5 threads to fit many housings on the market, I don't care what size threads are, I can make it work, I just need 7.5mm inlet or bigger for 7.5mm beam.

Is such an unusual one-off device you have assembled that needs a non-standard BE there is never any call for -- you need you might be SOL and have to make you own due to prohibitive cost of special make up by a company--like Alaskan did see; http://laserpointerforums.com/f49/lazy-mans-beam-expander-445nm-nubm44-6-watt-laser-diode-94802.html

Maybe one from these guys would work for you--they show one with an 8mm input nd 40mm output for 532--are low cost expamders
See:GCO-14 Beam Expanders,Laser Lenses,Daheng Optics Is worth asking if will work and price.

Several Linos BE on ebay for low cost at the moment.

PS these guys say "Other structure,magnification(2x to 20x),wavelength(355nm,532nm,632.8nm,980nm,1064nm) are available in our company. If you need, please contact us freely."
see: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-532nm-Green-Laser-Collimated-Beam-Expander-4X-for-Engraving-Marking-CG1-A4-/181667698522?hash=item2a4c3d175a:g:2VIAAOSwv0tU4ERk

Good luck

Last edited:
I can actually use the 3X and have seen close to what I want on EBay, and for a lot more money elsewhere, but I prefer to be frugal and not to have a relay lens, just a simple 2 lens unit. I may in fact make some from lenses ( 5% loss each if uncoated ) and PVC but I am also searching all avenues.

Because of the odd 11.4mm x 0.5 threads and earlier 301 housings that use the same I surmise/theorize that sanwu just like this seller perhaps buys these from another Chinese company and wondered if they had more to choose from that we are not aware of.

I can actually use the 3X and have seen close to what I want on EBay, and for a lot more money elsewhere, but I prefer to be frugal and not to have a relay lens, just a simple 2 lens unit. I may in fact make some from lenses ( 5% loss each if uncoated ) and PVC but I am also searching all avenues.

Because of the odd 11.4mm x 0.5 threads and earlier 301 housings that use the same I surmise/theorize that sanwu just like this seller perhaps buys these from another Chinese company and wondered if they had more to choose from that we are not aware of.

I found few Mounting Adapters with Internal Threads from Thorlabs that could possibly use as "adapter". Internal thread size is pretty darn close to 11.4mm x 0.5

And price is quite "reasonable" for as a Thorlabs product..

AD11T >>
SM1AD11T >>
SP13 >>

AD11T OD is 25.4mm
SM1AD11 external thread is Ø1.035in-40

Can't say for 100% sure will those fit to Sanwu X3 BE

Closest equivalent size or metric ISO Standard for that I have been able to find is: DIN 13-3 (11.5mm x 0.5)

Hopefully something helpful info on here.. :)

ad11t.jpg

sp13.jpg

Encap

I see what you mean.
The Sanwu expanders look like they are special make-up expanders specifically designed and made for Sanwu to be compatible with and look correct with Sanwu lasers and need to be ordered in large minimum orders, hundreds maybe 1000 pieces at a time to be cost effective.

Chances of there being an on the shelf beam expander purpose built for what you are doing are probably zero as it is pretty way out there attempting to modify the NUBM44 445nm beam quality to an extreme, to the limits of possibile. You can probably count on one hand the number of people who want or need same.

Possibly you can can find an expander line with adaptors that allow your use. At what price who knows but very specialized and uncommon applications usually means higher cost than for common---if you can call beam expander need common. Close is probably as good as it gets.

Wishing you luck in your search--is a interesting build and quest.

Last edited: