LPF Site Supporter
- Sep 4, 2020
He's been spamming threads so I gave him the 7 year ban. Geez 2028... wonder how the elections will turn out?
Ooh! What model of hene?I'm old enough where this was never an issue for me. I remember when the first laser was made in 1960 and saw my first laser, a ruby one, in 1965. By the time I could get a laser I was a grown man and a college grad. I got my first laser in 1980. It was a HeNe 632.8 nm one.
At the ripe old age of 8, I found electricity. An why yes I had almost killed myself numerous times by the time I reached 18. I also had a lot of fun and built a lot of cool things. An it all started because the socket came out of the wall, and I seen wires attached. Taught myself how to read a multimeter and use tools, in an era before the internet. Oh I miss books being a thing. Age is only a number, It's the monsters under the masks that matter.Although I don't remember much about it there was a member who got his butt banned for being 11 years old with the nickname The Laser Man.
Recently made an account as The Laser Man 2. Being impossibly obvious it moved me to pity and I'm allowing his new account to stay and giving him a chance to prove himself.
I'll probably regret it but who knows...
This thread is to inform everyone about him and take in consideration what information you give.
If anyone has an objection towards this decision please tell me about it in here or in pm. We do have quite a few young members in here already and is probably why I wanted to be lenient in this particular matter.
Again please share your thoughts.
When I was 21 I was a maint. man for a hotel. I had an assistant hired for me. No way vetted by me. Why I trusted the man I have no idea. I've never trusted anyone like that again. He had said he de-energized the system. I went behind this industrial drier. Mere inches of space, this thing was two stories tall and weight was in the tons, not to mention it had a concrete base. A whole row, with just enough space to squeeze between them to get to the electronics and access panels in the back. You climbed inside them to work on them if stuff needed changed out, except a relay box. You stood smashed against the wall struggling to breath, trying to access and check relays. That's where I was when I got hit with the hurt of my life. I believe it was 700v, was long ago. All I know is my fingers where I had slipped taking an Ohm reading, the tips were black and dead. I felt like I was ran over by a Mack truck. I couldn't think, I couldn't do anything but shake with the current. Finally my struggled yelling got idiot to hit the right breakers. I slopped to the side The best I could, feeling like I was dying, yep like I said a few times, lol. I fell to the floor, just lucky I wasn't dead. Ambulance came and got me. I spent a few days getting my bearings again. Really messed me up for a bit, hurt like hell too. Never again have I ever trusted anyone and anything dangerous in a work environment. Nope. Nope, Nope.My brother was hired by me to do deliveries and to try to learn about electronics back in the 1970s at a place where I worked. He was trying to work on a hot chassis when it shocked him. He literally ran across the room as if the thing might actually chase after him.
If only Alec Baldwin did the same thing he wouldn't be responsible for killing someone and injuring another.