Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Pocket Pal" price to make= >85$!!

Spyderz20x6 said:
[quote author=PhotonSky link=1238240092/16#28 date=1238291496][quote author=lasersbee link=1238240092/16#27 date=1238291039]I personally have dealt with all three members mentioned... more than once...
and I have not had a problem with any of them...

Jerry

Of course you have not had a problem them, they all make great lasers except, I just trust Drew more then Jake. (and I can auctelly read his posts without getting out my leet dictonary)

I have NO problem what so ever with Jayrob, his heatsinks are great, no there not, there perfect!

[/quote]

What is yor definition of a "great" laser.
[/quote]

That sounds ALOT like a trick question.

I think I'll pass.

Okay here's a short list of what i would like to know :)

- The name of a okay soldering iron for around 30$ EDIT: I have searched, and it seems that you can get a good soldering iron for 20bucks, a specifik one you can suggest?

- Does the aixiz modules have focus?

- Is a focusable module which is the same size, just as good as aixiz?

- Meridith or aixiz? Which is best?

A 20 to 30W pencil type soldering iron with replaceable tips should do. There are many out there. There is a soldering tips and hints sticky on this site to help newcomers with soldering skills. Practice on wires and scrap components until you know that you are good, don't start out on an expensive, sensitive laser diode. If ordering an iron online, ensure that its' voltage is appropriate for your country.

Aixiz module has focus, whether you use the glass lens for red lasers or the acrylic for blurays. Search is your friend on this site.

There are focusable alternatives to the aixiz. For instance, the Meredith module and its' glass lens (expensive but good), and the module that o-like now has.

As to if meredith or aixiz is better, that's up to you to decide based on the specifics of your planned build.

Okay, thanks. I guess i go with bluray and acrylic lens then.. I'll just buy the soldering iron at a local store :)

Btw, im going to read guide on how to extract diode, but when im already writing this message, i'll just ask. Is it hard to extract diode from the sled? (Blu-ray PHR-803T)
It's optional if you wanna answer, since i'll read the guide soon. :)

EDIT: I bought a soldering iron, the handle is of course larger than a pencil, but the "neck" and the tip is close to a pencil. I hope that was what you ment. :) It's running on 25W and only costed 8$ :p

Yes, that iron sounds like one of mine. Make sure that you use thin (1mm) rosin core solder for this kind of fine electronic work. It will serve you well.

It's not to hard to get at the PHR-803T diode. Then, you need to get it out of the heatsink (press out with section of metal antenna, or use pliers and vise method, or two pliers method) and clean up the leads. Read the guide, also search will come up with several threads about diode extraction.

PhotonSky said:
[quote author=jake21 link=1238240092/0#14 date=1238257526]http://xlasers.webs.com/ for new phr for only $10.00 ;)

I think I'll pass.

I trust drew more then you.
[/quote]
I find offense in that statement. Jake is a very trustworthy guy. I've been buying from him and selling to him for about 1 year now and we're pretty good friends. His prices are crazy cheap, I have no idea why, and he always holds up to his word.

also, @ OP, in response to your original post linking to my site. My prices are not the cheapest for diodes but this is because I spend a lot of time getting everything ready for my customers and shipping items promptly. I value time much more than money and I believe most of my customers do too.

thanks,
Kendall

JLSE

sk8er4514 said:
[quote author=PhotonSky link=1238240092/0#17 date=1238286546][quote author=jake21 link=1238240092/0#14 date=1238257526]http://xlasers.webs.com/ for new phr for only $10.00 ;)

I think I'll pass.

I trust drew more then you.
[/quote]
I find offense in that statement. Jake is a very trustworthy guy. I've been buying from him and selling to him for about 1 year now and we're pretty good friends. His prices are crazy cheap, I have no idea why, and he always holds up to his word.

also, @ OP, in response to your original post linking to my site. My prices are not the cheapest for diodes but this is because I spend a lot of time getting everything ready for my customers and shipping items promptly. I value time much more than money and I believe most of my customers do too.

thanks,
Kendall[/quote]

I agree with the price.. I just recieved 200 phr sleds in this order and 150 in my last. I will continue to do business with Jake. Ive spent much ca$h with him, and have never had a trust issue. Aside from a couple of children who constantly post worthless crap in his threads, I dont get what the 'trust' problem is here?

If you preffer to spend more, than all the power to you :p

Okay, i'll now say what i will do, when i got everything i need:

Put LD in module, solder the right pins to the right places on flexdriver(Can anyone post a pic?), solder the right pins from the driver to the power and from the driver to the button. The button solders on to the (+ or -?) pole.

Was this right?

I read the guide on setting the voltage on a flexdrive(DrLava), and if i got it right, it's like this:

I would like to have my running at ~110mA, so i have to remove the end resistor and what more? I don't understand what the yellow line shows..
Then i connect dummy load(is it just some LEDs and a resistor? If yes, please tell which to use for a PHR-803T and a LPC-815.)

Then i put the selected voltage on, measures the output current, and then adjusts the potentiometer trimmer(What is that, show on pic please.)

I hope i got it somehow right, all inputs are welcome ofc :D

Can someone please answer if i got it right? And post pics please :))

If i got it right, i will other ASAP. :)

I'll maybe make one or two for sale :p The rest for me :)