Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Pocket Laser Power Meter for $79?

Immo1282

LPF Site Supporter
ok so that one is bad. (i found it as a 50 dollar addon to the THOR M 2 laser on the same website)

wich raises my question. what is a good budget lpm?
Hyperion Cuprum is often regarded as quite good for cheap (but Astralist is not always around)

You can always build something yourself too - though it won't be calibrated and is not going to be as good a system as something from Jerry or Astralist...

but to calibrate it i could buy a cheap tested laser so i know it's strenght and then calibrate it off of that right?

Immo1282

LPF Site Supporter
but to calibrate it i could buy a cheap tested laser so i know it's strenght and then calibrate it off of that right?
Yep - that's about the best you can do for a home built calibrating it yourself - besides sending it to a forum member with a calibrated LPM and a handful of lasers...

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi,
J Bauer / Laserbee electronics , go there if you want a great LPM at a great price he's the go to. Remember if you buy cheap its only for a while . You get what you pay for , I have 4 of his LPM's they are worth every penny.

Rich:)