Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PLT5 520 30mW max pushed output with G2.

Hello .Did someone had every fired up this laser and measure the max pushed output ?.I'm considering to order this laser and push to ~80mW (Also,Did this possible to get around ~80mW by G2 lens ?)

Last edited:

I think you shouldn't choose plt5_520
I think you can choose 510nm sharp diode,520nm pl520B2
It is cheaper and same price,power is higher
Goodluck

I saw the price is acceptable .but I need to buy a 5 of housing (TO38) for just only 1 diode xD .

You can choose sharp diode 510nm,it is 12usd/pcs,
Pm me if you want,it is to-5.6mm
You can search sharp laser diode 505nm or see DTR laser shop
Good luck

Last edited:
Be careful ordering the Sharp 505nm diodes on eBay. They are all case positive as far as I've been able to find. The one DTR has is considered a 505nm Sharp, but measures 510nm. It is case neutral, though.

This is case positive. If you decide to buy this diode for a handheld laser you have two options to drive it. Either isolate the diode from the rest of the build or use the Blitz Linear Driver from Survival Lasers. That driver is the only one that I am aware of that can provide the high forward voltage of the diode using two Li-ion batteries, but it is tiny and difficult to work with. I have built a half dozen using this diode driver combination, so it is an option. You should set the driver for <300 mA. This should give you more than 100 mW out. I'd use either the acrylic lens that comes with every module, or the 2 element lens that is 520nm AR coated from DTR to give you a beam profile free from the rectangular artifact. They both seem to work well for this, but the acrylic lens has a short housing that must be held in place on a focus ring with some sort of adhesive like fingernail polish.