Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PLT3 Driver

CtLase

Gave up waiting for Innolaser!
Called CC Co. They removed the charge.
Still have not heard from Inno!
Too bad! It looked like a nice product, and a nice company.

I too have had problems ordering from Innolasers in the past. I have called several times, but never got an answer to my phone calls. I have heard others claim to get their orders from them, but I have not been able to do so. I eventually gave up on trying to order from them.

CtLase

I got 2 of DTR's drivers yesterday.
They look very nicely made.
I'm looking forward to trying them.
Thanks for all the guidance!

I got 2 of DTR's drivers yesterday.
They look very nicely made.
I'm looking forward to trying them.
Thanks for all the guidance!

Which drivers did you order? And which diodes are you planning on using them on?

CtLase

I got (2) of LDSE500 - Compact SEPIC (Buck/Boost) Laser Diode Drivers. I'll be powering PLT3-510. I'll set it up with several dummy diodes first, to see if volts/current look correct.

Just set the number of rectifiers in your load to equal the Vf of your diode plus the voltage drop across your sense resistor. If you want to check to see that the driver is regulating, just reduce the number of rectifiers and see if the voltage drop across your resistor changes.

CtLase

Thanks for the guidance!

This will a bit different than the last one I set up, many years ago. That one was a Toshiba 9211 5mw red, with a PD feedback.

CtLase

Does anyone have a recommendation for an adhesive to bond an acrylic lens into a brass or steel lens holder?

Mustn't use CA glue, as it'll mist up the lens - I'm not sure what the best option is to be honest... Most of the lenses that I've seen for lasers are already mounted in 9x0.5mm threaded holders which is a sort of standard.

CtLase

Thanks for the 'heads up'.
I'm dealing with a 3mm dia lens.
And I definitely do not want it fogged.
Someone recommended Norland Optical Adhesive 61, but it seems more for joining 2 glass lenses together.

Lenses need to seat in a lens holder with a machined seat held by a retainer so they will remain perfectly perpendicular to your origin beams center path otherwise as you rotate the lens any slight misalignment will cause your beam will skew in an eccentric like pattern.

What I'm saying is setting a lens with glue by hand will be very difficult to get squared up unless you use a jig perhaps and you would want a glue/adhesive without any outgassing as it cures, I have used UV curing glue with cylindrical optics which cures in seconds when exposed via 365nm LED flashlight, but it can leave an odor that persists for some time, however I have not noticed any lens contamination as yet.

There are different viscosities that can aid in your assembly and formulations for the materials to be bonded such as glass to metal which is what I use

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CRL-UV604-...h=item4d2e61ea92:g:G28AAOSwe-FU6Ffl:rk:2:pf:0

CtLase

I got some of the Norland 61 from eBay, but it never dried, even after three days, and direct sunlight and a UV flashlight for an hour, and after 15 seconds with a blue laser. Here's the link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Norland-61...0?pageci=63150d1b-53bc-474c-9183-cd65afc1053e

The threaded housing for the lens was a slight press fit....like line-to-line. The adhesive was supposed to just wick in a bit near the spanner wrench notches.

I'll try some of the UV604. Thanks for the recommendations!