Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PLT3 Driver

CtLase

New to group.
Evidently getting burned by Innolaser.
Ordered several of their Groove2 drivers, but then never received them. And there is no reply to emails or phone calls.

I'm looking for a similar driver; suitable for the Osram PLT3 510. It needs to be small (surface mount components) and have reverse polarity protection. I'm looking to power it with two Li batteries.

Thanks!

The green diodes have a higher Vf than the blue ones do. Since this diode is not a high power one, you might be able to get by with a boost driver using a single 18650 battery. Just a thought for you to consider.

CtLase

Thank you for the recommendations. I'm looking for small Li batteries, like the coin batteries; CR2016. Maybe 2 or 3 of them.
Space is a concern.

Thank you for the recommendations. I'm looking for small Li batteries, like the coin batteries; CR2016. Maybe 2 or 3 of them.
Space is a concern.

Coin cells might last a disappointingly short time - but there are some pretty small rechargeable Li cells that wouldn't take up a huge amount more space. Maybe something like a 14500 or even a 10440 if you are running that diode at only a few 10s of mW...

CtLase

Thanks! I'll look at those batteries.
This is for a firearms aiming system, so I don't expect too much 'on' time. But I would hope a total life of a half hour or so would be available.

You can buy laser sights for rifles and pistols. They would likely cost less than trying to build one from scratch. Unless you are doing this to gain knowledge, then it wouldn't matter how much it costs.

You will need to build a threaded adjuster mount that will stay put against shock.

CtLase

Yes! I will also need to get this assembly mounted. This is for a new system which is not commercially available. It will go 'in', not 'on' the firearm. I picked up a molded plastic asphere, Ø3mm, columnating lens from Thor Labs. I will be make a small steel holder/focuser for it. I don't imagine anyone is making small lens mounting systems for Ø3.8mm diodes. If you know of one, let me know. I might be able to adapt it. Thanks!

Yes! I will also need to get this assembly mounted. This is for a new system which is not commercially available. It will go 'in', not 'on' the firearm. I picked up a molded plastic asphere, Ø3mm, columnating lens from Thor Labs. I will be make a small steel holder/focuser for it. I don't imagine anyone is making small lens mounting systems for Ø3.8mm diodes. If you know of one, let me know. I might be able to adapt it. Thanks!

Is the bore of the firearm smaller than 12mm diameter? If not - then you could use an off the shelf 12mm copper module from DTR - which fit readily avaliable 9mm lenses. I can see your dilemma here if the caliber of the gun you're trying to sight down is <12mm...

CtLase

The bore is .22".
But the laser will be in the frame, not the barrel.

Re: innolaser

They are one of the few places to get LSX software for laser shows. So, they are suposed to be fairly reputable as commented on here and on PL, or at least have been over the last few years. I'd give them some time. They have been VERY slow with stuff I've gotten there, but they have come through..

Doesn't mean it hasn't changed, but lots of the guys who hang out on PL would be very unhappy if Innolasers let them down.

If you have problems, you could get hold of swamidog who might know who to ask

CtLase

Ok....I have not called my CC company yet to cancel the payment. But I did place an order with DTR for their similar driver as recommended by RedCowboy. It's been a month waiting on Innolaser. No response, no tracking info, no reply to email/phone. Very disappointing!

CtLase

Thanks!

Do you have any idea how long I'll have to wait to get my parts from Innolaser?

That is the $64,000 question. I gave up on Innolaser sometime ago when I was not able to get any information out of him or contact by phone. I know others have said they always come through, but I need more than eventuality. I refuse to order from them until I can get some sort of assurance that my order will be processed in a timely manner.