Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Please look at this picture and tell me what's wrong

jakeGT

Is there something on my module? I took the focusing module put and it still has the same effect just obviously alot bigger because it has no collimating or focus

I couldn't see anything on the diode module or anything inside the module/heatsink but obviously something is going on??

Look at the little "c" in the top left of the beam

dda967d4.jpg

Looks like some crap on the diode window. Might be some left over thermal paste. Clean the top of the diode with some alcohol, and a Q-tip. Acetone works even better. But dont push hard or you'll break the can window.

anselm

A little fuzz/lint from a Q-Tip maybe?
I wouldn't worry too much...

jakeGT

Alright thank you very much should I like clean it after I use acetone and a qtip with a microfiber cloth? Or just let it dry on it's own?

Wet the Q-tip, place it on the can, twist and lift. Then use the dry side of the Q-tip and do it again. Keep in mind the more the can is in the open air, the more deposits can land on it.

You might try a shot of air from a can of compressed air. Start with a light puff of air...and don't shoot it straight into the window. Do not blow air with your mouth, ya risk spitting all over the window. (don't ask :p)

Edit...this only applies to closed can diodes btw

Last edited:

mehra

You might try a shot of air from a can of compressed air. Start with a light puff of air...and don't shoot it straight into the window. Do not blow air with your mouth, ya risk spitting all over the window. (don't ask :p)

Edit...this only applies to closed can diodes btw

ya. i killed one of my diodes with this foolish idea (blowing air with mouth). :undecided:

I wonder if you could try that in reverse, aka a vacuum cleaner with a small sucker tip?:thinking:

Benm

I would suggest leaving it alone really, its just a minute amount of light blocked as it is, and mucking with q-tips and solvents could make it worse.

Compressed air may work, as may a vacuum cleaner, but only if its not already baked onto the window. Given the power of the lasers, i'd say it probably is, and chances of removing it are slim.

jakeGT

Yep I already fixed it with tjs idea which worked like a charm!!