Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Please help me with this

well ya.. I think if I explain what exactly I want to do.. It will be easier for you guys to help me <3

So I have a small room filled with writings on the wall..and I should have a ( beam , laser , pointer ) hanged on the wall and when I turn it on.. it just goes straight. like it will point on the floor.. I want to use a prism ( or anything that could reflect ) from the floor to a certain word on the wall.

my preferences :
1- blue color
2- not using mirrors if possible
3- not using safety glasses ( want a safe one )

so these are preferences.. but if its really hard to do.. then I don't mind crossing out some..

Thanks <3
Oh nevermind, I guess this is the right thread.

So something like this?

Please note that the above image is only a representation and is not necessarily geometrically correct.

Using a mirror would make things infinitely easier, but it can be done with a prism if you absolutely must.

As for the color of the laser, as long as you don't need to see the beam then you can use whatever color you want. And as long as you are able to verify that the laser is 5mw or below, then you won't need to use safety glasses.

Last edited:

I'd recommend a 473nm blue laser, since it give most beam visibility with lowest power.

As where you can buy it, please take a look at here
Please note that it's still hazardous to the eye. Always use eye protector or laser goggles!

Fizz8

Oh nevermind, I guess this is the right thread.

So something like this?

Please note that the above image is only a representation and is not necessarily geometrically correct.

Using a mirror would make things infinitely easier, but it can be dome with a prism if you absolutely must.

As for the color of the laser, as long as you don't need to see the beam then you can use whatever color you want. And as long as you are able to verify that the laser is 5mw or below, then you won't need to use safety glasses.

Thank you so much. you've helped a lot =).

and thank you guys in general <3

Fizz8

So guys I've been searching online to buy a ( 1 - 4 ) MW green laser but didn't fine any..

Is there a certain website that I can get it from? and be assured that it's actually > 5 MW?

diachi

So guys I've been searching online to buy a ( 1 - 4 ) MW green laser but didn't fine any..

Is there a certain website that I can get it from? and be assured that it's actually > 5 MW?

mW* to MW. MW is MEGAwatts - I.e. millions of watts. mW is milliwatts, thousandths of a watt. Anyway... :p

Which is it? You said 1-4mW and then you said >5mW. Assuming you meant <5mW?

Try:

https://www.optotronics.com/green-laser-pointers.php

Green Laser Pointers : Dragon Lasers

laserbtb

Although - if you're going to be running the laser for any long length of time you're better off with a lab/OEM module than a pointer. Pointers can only run so long before either A) depleting the batteries B) overheating.

Last edited:

kuhny1

As said, you would be better off with a low power green. A "safe" (<5mW) blue laser is hard to come by unfourtunetly :(

Also, you said that you dont want to use mirrors, but they would be ideal. At least for single point pointing. A prism can give you around 4-5 beams or more depending on the shape. And I assume you only want one beam right?

If you dont want to use a real small mirror, you could always chop up a blank CD for a quick and dirty mirror (although some light is not reflected and just goes straight through, kind of like a weird 2 way mirror).