Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PHR805T Power Comparison

You should still get a fairly long life (thousands of hours) out of an lpc set at 478ma properly heatsinked(like w/ jayrobs)

Oh, I'm fine with thousands of hours :p Would aluminum be enough or should I pay Jayrob extra for copper? I wish I could do the same kind of thing and push more current through the PHR805T. Is that at all possible? It looks like I'd get about 300mW out of the LPC with 478mA. Would that beat the PHR805T?

IsaacT

300mW of 650nm should beat 100mW of 405nm, but again, up to you....I would go for the 650nm though. And Aluminum should be more than fine.

OK, thanks for the help :) Is there any way to put more current through the PHR805T without killing it, or no because it's more sensitive than the LPC?

Last edited:

Laik

Btw the lpc's are more forgiving than the phr's. If this is your first build, i would go for an lpc. You shouldnt push a phr much beyond 120mA. Happy lasing!

Laik

The people who make them do, bu they do not perform like these ones, the ones for red this company makes are crap. I would recommend getting them from somewhere else. Where are some cheap and good ones you ask? I dont know but if your willng to protect your eyes (you only get one pair) i would get some eaglewear glasses.