Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PHR-805 405nm diodes, replace PHR-803t's

You mean one of those carbon beam terminator thingys? Probably wouldn't be a bad idea, my shed IS wood framed - (built it myself), and hours of hot laser light hitting it might not be good - of course I wouldn't have the beam focused tight for that kind of test. Still not a bad idea....

MAKE one - don't pay for it ! GAH ! High Temp flat black rustoleum (the stuff used for grills, AND some unscrupulous people who insist on calling a spray-painted TEC a THERMAL laser sensor ! HAHAHAHAHA), and insulated metal would be perfect. :) Helluva lot cheaper than buying a beam terminator, JUST for testing ! GAH !!!!

Last edited:

clif

MAKE one - don't pay for it ! GAH ! High Temp flat black rustoleum (the stuff used for grills, AND some unscrupulous people who insist on calling a spray-painted TEC a THERMAL laser sensor ! HAHAHAHAHA), and insulated metal would be perfect. :) Helluva lot cheaper than buying a beam terminator, JUST for testing ! GAH !!!!

That would BEE just lovely - and inexpensive....

ogoun

The Pin out is like a LPC.:eek: Man thats weird. Is this the first blu-Ray with that kind of Pin out.?

Hi,

This pinout looks a lot like the pinout used by 405nm laser diodes used for scientific/lab laser sources... Often, the other non-case pin is a built-in photodiode for direct optical power measurement.. Can anyone with one of these do some measurements to see if there is anything connected? If so, these diodes are quite a find!

Cheers,

Pete

the photodiode should allow for active cooling if connected to a TEC or something similiar.

ok guys i've made a couple lasers with this diode and i'll tell you its real sweet. Using odicforces V2 boost driver, i can run 3XAAA nimhs and still get 110mW at 150mA current. Runs cool. very stable, no output reduction even after 3 minutes on. I think these 805's can be reliably ran to 120mW with the right lens. With the 405-g2's i have i was hitting a whooping 153mW from a PHR!!!! thats sweet. nice beam. i got pics...let me show you 110mW...i'll take some pics of it with the g2 lens later.

p1010265g.jpg

p1010267a.jpg

p1010274k.jpg

p1010266l.jpg

this diode is a winner in my book. no need for a 6x. My sf-aw210 build is not much brighter than this.

^ :eek:. WoW TJ thats Nuts for a PHR and its still going. How old is the laser now.?

That Deserves a +1 :)

clif

I got about 136 hours on a PHR-805T set to 130mA. Not too bad if it had been used in a pointer, would have lasted years. The first one I tested I accidentally let the current get to 160mA instead of 140mA, at that current the diode lasted between 5-9 hours (LED'd while I was not home).

So I guess at 120mA you should really get a long life in a pointer from these diodes. I'm gonna run mine at 130mA.

Hi all,
I have 3 out 4 components to put together my phr 805t laser but I need your help.

The diode I bought was this one:
PHR-805T laser diode 405nm 100-120mW [M0025] - $9.99 : Modwerx Shop

The host/body/lens combo I bought was this one:
New Focusing Laser Host for Laser Construction (eBay item 160564459175 end time 24-Jul-11 19:54:03 AEST) : Consumer Electronics

I already have 14500 batteries. All I need is the driver/circuitry. I was wondering if you guys could help suggest me one (doesn't matter from where) that would be compantible with the above combination?

All help would be greatly appreciated :)

I contacted him and this was his reply:

the flexdrive would be a great driver to use but they are out of stock right now. the host your going to be uses is made for 2 x CR2 batteries. I don’t know the specific dimensions of each battery off hand, but you may want to check to see if a 14500 fits the host. there are some 2.6-3.7v versions of the CR2 batteries you can look into and be able to use another driver.